 CAD / Development / 5033
Re: Voting Open for LCAD Parts Update 2000-02
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:07:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
[snip]
I feel just the opposite.  "Decorated" is a common description for parts
with printed patterns on them.  I've never heard anyone refer to these
parts as "Ornamented".

"Decorative" is better than "Decorated" (i.e., less likely to be
confusing).  But (as you said) "Decorative" implies the part has no use,
other than an ornamental one.

For me, "Ornamented" implies a part that is useful, but has extra doodads
on it.  Like the Slizer leg (see <http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/?n=154>).
This piece is very useful, but it has some non-functional, ornamental bits
on it.[1]

O.K. Ornamented it will be then.
By the way, Steve, Did you already notice that I've started to send "suggested
update revisions" to your adress "partsref@worldnet.att.net" ?