 CAD / Development / 5037
Re: Gears (Was: Voting Open...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 13:29:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tore Eriksson wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:

How many other Samsonite-era gears are there?

I think I've done all except for the largest.

How similar to DACTA gears
are they?

DSCTS gears? Are they the same as Classic European Pre-Technic gears?
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=801
or is there yet another kind?
The euro gears are not at all compatible with Samsonite gears. Where can
a picture of DACTA gears be found?

Hmm.  I may be confused.  The DACTA gears (see
<http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?theme=DACTA>) may all be DUPLO scale.

If there are bunch more parts to be released, we should get our
precedents straight.  I'm more inclined to go with a Z-axis orientation,
because that's what everything else (gears, wheels, etc) is supposed to
use.

When will I ever learn... :-/

About the same time as the rest of us.  Once we get one standard figured
out, some other issue arises.

Steve