 CAD / *43625 (-100)
  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Hmm ... I found some sources how the colors are defined: (URL) it looks like LDraw colors (URL) still refer to a color chart which was defined long before we got our hands on the official LEGO colors at (URL) and are the reason why our values (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LPub and the unit of measurement.. (and friends)

(...) Oh, and the screen shots: (URL) Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk) irc: irc://irc.blitzed.org/ web: (URL) +44 (0)780 8369596 (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  LPub and the unit of measurement.. (and friends)

(Sounds like an adventure story :) Hi Kevin. I have just tried using LPub 4.0.0.1 and have found a problem when the "Default units" is set to centimetres (from the initial setup). I assume this is down to the size entered into the page setup? Can it (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) POVray can, of course, do all these colours and is likely to be the most frequent user of the colour definitions file. Some of us have fiddled around with pearl before ((URL) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) I'm pretty sure that the (2006-2007?) LSC agreed to leave the contents of ldconfig.ldr up to the LDraw part admins. We saw it as our job to specify the format of the !COLOUR meta-command, but not to have anything to do with the actual list of (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

(...) Take a look at the !COLOUR spec here: (URL) is covered, along with rubber, chrome, matte metallic, and metal. Glitter transparency isn't, and probably should be. Of course, just because official LDraw colors can be defined with these (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Jets, Props, and Choppers: Alternate Models with Instructions

(...) terrific models and top-notch, professional-grade instructions (as always), jim!! my favorites are 'lamprey', 'bi-plane' and the red fighter-jet alternate for the 4955 big rig (c'mon and give that sucker a name!). keep up the awesome work!! (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LPub4.0.0.1 available

Hi gang, LPub4.0.0.1 is now available here: (URL) There are many bug fixes (especially LPub metacommands being put in the wrong place). My thanks to those whom fed me bug reports. Geoff, please try this new version. I'm pretty sure I've fixed the (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad) !

  Re: LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message news:K6D96D.Ews@lugnet.com... (...) I don't know about the whole color thing but your post makes me think of an interesting point. Just how exactly is LDRAW supposed to handle displaying the (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 2

In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote: Looks like I'm gonna move from 1.60 to this beta to author. (...) Hmm ... sounds interesting but I cannot find it. (...) This is a cool feature! Love it. (...) Much appreciated!!! (...) Check out the betatest (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 2

Here's the file for LDDP 2.0 beta 2: (URL) Auto complete Mouse over the file reference for the part title Subfile dialog expanded Custom polling interval Concave quad detection and automatic fix by splitting Cleaned up the editor options and add the (...) (16 years ago, 30-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Jets, Props, and Choppers: Alternate Models with Instructions

Here are samples from a few of the instructions I've posted to (URL) Flickr> recently. What these four models have in common is that they are flying machines and that they are alternate models for actual sets (the 6208 B-Wing, the 4955 Big Rig, and (...) (16 years ago, 29-Aug-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LDconfig.ldr - missing colors

Hi gang, playing around with colors I was floored by the fact that we do not have a LDraw color number or RGBs for quite a lot of LEGO colors. In addition our RGBs sometimes differ a lot from the official colors: (URL) remember the time when we were (...) (16 years ago, 29-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.lcd)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Absolutely! We're whittling away at the bugs, but things get consistently better. However much you want the new code, I want you to have the new code more, but I want the new code to have better quality than the old code. If you're getting (...) (16 years ago, 28-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) Unfortunately, I don't think that T-junctions can be made visible in MLCad, since I don't think it has a wireframe mode. However, if you use LDraw Design Pad with LDView in polling mode, you can set LDView to wireframe, and the T-junctions (...) (16 years ago, 27-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) etc. (...) I was wondering if you upload a more concrete example using a lego editing tool and show what the difference would look like between the three examples using one of them - it would be helpful to me to be able to see something that (...) (16 years ago, 27-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Hi Kevin, Any chance for a new beta with all those new features for the rest of us who didn't manage to compile the sources? Philo (16 years ago, 27-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Jim has the advantage because he can build his own Mac version of LPub4 from sourceforge sources. His (and my) version have the fix for anything "callout" related being put inside the callout. Some things go in the callout, and others go in (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) The difference is you are selling an image of a product and NOT an exact duplicate of a product. LEGO may have certain trademarks over the specific design of their bricks, their name, their branding, etc., but they can't stop anyone from (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) I believe that's true. The CVS logs suggest I added support for the "Unofficial" directory in ldglite last April, but never managed to release the new executables on the website. (Gotta do that now that it's no longer so unbearably hot in the (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) For what it's worth, I use unofficial parts stored in an "Unofficial" directory in most of my models, and that hasn't caused any trouble with the instructions I've created with LPub 4. I use LDView as a renderer. Jim (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Fair enough! To be honest I haven't tried LPub 4.0 yet but I presumed it supports unonfficials by now: (URL) w. (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) you put the two images from my post into LDraw's gallery, and send me links to them, I'll add a page to ldraw.org. --Travis (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) I believe that LPub already supports it. However, I don't think ldglite does, so it might only work if LDView is the renderer. --Travis (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LEGO in auction titles (was: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions)

(...) Let me expand on this a bit before I set in confusion amount the readers. If you are selling an offical LEGO product (say Star Wars Falcon #100) you **CAN** in the title say: "LEGO Star Wars Falcon #100" or use the term "LEGO" becuase you are (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) This MPD file contains all needed unofficial parts: (URL) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) How do you make this directory structure work with LPub? (sorry, I do the _bad_ thing and put all my unofficial files in my default LDraw parts folder...) Philo (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) It's the same thing. Actually, it's worse -- rect.dat has edge-lines. So it can't be used in place of a quad. Generally, avoiding t-junctions is harder when working with primitives - you have to know where the outside vertices are on the (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Search is over: (URL) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) And exactly how should LEGO CAD programs work? Like you want them to? Or like the programmers, who in most cases does it for nothing, want them to? I get a headache every time someone complains about this, and I bet Travis (you know, the guy (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) [SNIP-SNAP] Travis, this is a fine explanation! How about uploading a more formal version to the tutorial page (URL) or the specs (URL) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Philippe I cannot use this file without the unofficial parts included in it. I haven't seen a part update on ldraw.org in a long while, seems they're still sorting out the whole authoring agreement at the moment. If you can figure out my email (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

Hi Mike (and everybody) (...) The file is now available here: (URL) that: - unofficial parts are not embedded in this file. - It is scaled for LDGlite rendering. You have to scale assembly and parts size down for LDView rendering. Philo (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  SR 3D Builder version 0.3.2.0

Hi everybody, after 3 months of hard work (and some holidays) here it is. The long awaited new SR 3D Builder version 0.3.2.0 Many news, but especially many code rewrites. Check history for a list of what has been changed. Dowload as usual from (URL) (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) That's supposed to say that the bottom version is made up of 4 quads. --Travis (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) up wondering, how do I minimize T-junctions? Are there primatives that (...) replace the quads/ triangles? I have a LOT of T-junctions in what I've (...) so far. I'm still getting my head around Quad2dat. Suggestions?!? First of all, as far as (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) You know what, I just figured how to manipulate rect.dat - do those make a difference with 'holes' or is it the same thing? (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) Ok so for reference I'm going to try to link you to brickshelf where I've uploaded an MLcad screenshot (URL) is where I'm at - I did actually notice the 'holes' talked about in the article when moving the image around in Mlcad. hope this works (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) So I'm sitting here staring at my part and all of the quads I've used to make it up wondering, how do I minimize T-junctions? Are there primatives that can replace the quads/ triangles? I have a LOT of T-junctions in what I've made up so far. (...) (16 years ago, 26-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: L(ego)Draw Parts

(...) During the conversation process it can happen that for example three points of a quad on the same line, so it should be turned into a triangle. That means, that at that points there are errors in that files that have to be fixed. Hope that (...) (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  L(ego)Draw Parts

Just out of extreme curiosity, what do the colored sections on the L(ego)Draw parts that have been posted to be cleaned on the Ldraw site represent? (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Sturmgeschutz - 7626 alternate model  [DAT]

sorry, i'm dedicated but not dedicated enough to add all the tread pieces. 0 Sturmgeschutz - 7626 Jungle Cutter alternate model 0 Name: stug.dat 0 Unofficial Model 0 may include unofficial parts 0 Author: Joseph Gonzalez (c) 2008 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 (...) (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Raideen - 4894 alternate model  [DAT]

attached 0 Toltec Raideen - 4894 Mythical Creatures alternate model 0 may include unofficial parts 0 WRITE Author: Joseph Gonzalez (c) 2008 0 Unofficial Model 0 IMPORTANT: The original Brave Raideen design is a concept by Yoshiyuki Tomino-further (...) (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Help with Patterns

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Benjamin Lyttle wrote: Hi Ben, you should also aviod or bring down the number of T-junctions (URL) to a minimum. Bye, w. (16 years ago, 25-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) Thanks, Things are slowly working themselves out as I get to know some new programs - and how to identify errors that come up and such. Hopefully, I'll be ready to submit an initial 3069bpx28.dat soon. Quad2Dat has become really helpful. Ben (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 1

(...) Language manager is where you manage syntax highlighting. Ignore "null" and "container" since they do not function and are added automatically by the editor so I can't get rid of them (for now). -Orion (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 1

(...) Ok, major changes as I know them (there are so many that I may not mention some): - I changed the back end editor. It's more flexible and allows me to do cooler things. This means that any function that modifies the text had to be modified and (...) (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 1

(...) The Application Data\ is a hidden folder. Make sure the OS shows hidden folders. Orion, a more detailed report via mail. Could you also give us an overview what has been changed - I'm particularly interested what the language manager is all (...) (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) Use .dat option of "Save as" in Quad2Dat... Philo (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) So how do I get Quad2Dat files back to a .dat file? Is there a reversal switch? (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 1

(...) I've realized that if you've use the previous alphas then order for syntax highlighting to work correctly you have to delete the editor preferences file. To do this: - Ensure LDDP is not running - Go your AppData directory. In Windows XP the (...) (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming

(...) I'm confused about this. In LDraw, negative Y is up so the more negative a part is in the Y direction, the higher it is in the model. -Orion (16 years ago, 24-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) If you didn't use it, have a look to Quad2dat ((URL) this may help a lot! And to reimport what you already did, you may use Dat2qp: (URL) (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) That helps - it is also what I was afraid of - trying to fill in little gaps at weird angles. Thanks, back to the pasting board, ben (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Help with Patterns

(...) You should not "stack" the colors. Each color is only in one area. For example if you have a red ring around a yellow disc you have to model the yellow disc and a red ring around it and not stack a red disc over the yellow ring. All surfaces (...) (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Help with Patterns  [DAT]

I've been working on the pattern for 3069bpx28 "Tile 1 x 2 with Blue Screen and Red and Silver Panel Pattern" I'm having trouble stacking the different colors on each other, the main color bleeds through the other ones even when I've made 3 subpart (...) (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 1

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> wrote in message news:K61z00.2G7@lugnet.com... (...) Orion, I sent you email, with a file I wanted you to test and give me some comments on. I also don't know if you saw my post to LUGNET which was (...) (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw Design Pad v2.0 Beta 1

All basic functionality should now be fixed or restored. Time to start killing bugs. Here's the file for LDDP 2.0 beta 1: (URL) (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO in auction titles (was: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions)

(...) I guess that's why I'm not getting emails of new results matching "LEGO" from eBay :) (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: How to Rotate LPub Instruction Images with ROTSTEP (a crash course for fellow Mac users)

Hi Jim, Thanks for the great tutorial! I have a note or two.... <snipity doo, dah> (...) 0 ROTSTEP END Also cancels rotation. (...) Great stuff! Thanks again! Kevin (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  How to Rotate LPub Instruction Images with ROTSTEP (a crash course for fellow Mac users)

Now that (URL) LPub> is available for the Mac, fellow Mac users may be excited to start creating instructions for your LDraw models. If you're like me, however, you might at first be perplexed about how to tell LPub to show your model from different (...) (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) The SteerCo hat was off my head as the space was occupied by the incorrect double negative hat. Tim (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) If you plan on selling your instructions online be it ebay, some other auction house, or your own website make sure you have the following. "Legal Notice Required Per Directive Of The LEGO Group for Online Listings via Legal Analyst of LEGO (...) (16 years ago, 21-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) Are you sure you don't mean "...not _with_ a SteerCo hat on" or perhaps "...without a SteerCo hat on"? Or is my thinking cap malfunctioning? Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) Your examples are not the same process. There's a difference between constructing something using software as a tool and constructing something using constituent visual components which can be copyrighted. That said, the actual design of the (...) (16 years ago, 21-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) Jim, There are a dozen books out there with building instructions made using LDraw tools. I've been involved with four. No-one has ever expressed negative attitudes about this activity (OK, every book has its critics ;^) IMHO the for profit (...) (16 years ago, 21-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> wrote in message news:K5pKBo.Ivo@lugnet.com... (...) Could you please add the following: LDDP builds a sorted model around the 0,0,0 point for X,Y,Z - but this is an incorrect way to sort a model. (...) (16 years ago, 21-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) I have addressed this to the SteerCo in order to elaborate an official statement. Said this, I'm in sync with Orion when he states that "Commercial sale of instruction images rendered from LDraw models does NOT violate the CA" since they are (...) (16 years ago, 19-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) That makes sense to me. I was careful to ask because of how vigorously the opposing point was argued in that discussion - by some LDraw committee members, no less. (...) I wrote that in jest. (What, you mean you're not rolling in gold (...) (16 years ago, 19-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) Such a rule about the using images generated from Ldraw would be impossible to enforce even if it did exist. That would be like Microsoft claiming ownership of every document made with MS Office or a paint company saying that they own the end (...) (16 years ago, 19-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) True, and given the amount of LEGO related books that have been published in the last few years we have a set a precedence supporting this idea. -Orion (16 years ago, 19-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) Thanks for your answers, Tore. Only instructions would be sold, so software would not be a concern. Jim (16 years ago, 19-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) Since the discussion you linked contained much debate about the derivative status of rendered images, I'd like to know if anyone wearing a SteerCo hat can confirm my conclusion. "Commercial sale of instruction images rendered from LDraw models (...) (16 years ago, 19-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) Yes. The purpose of my post was to have them answered again, up-to-date and in direct response to the ideas I set forth. (...) The readme suggests that rendered images are not considered derivative works. Since an instruction booklet consists (...) (16 years ago, 19-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

Hi Jim, some of these questions have been answered before. This is a bit lengthy: (URL) all boils down to this final policy: (URL) version will be shipped with the new CA-Library) We also had a similar discussion quite recently: (URL) for copyright (...) (16 years ago, 19-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

(...) My and other LDraw part authors' work are used in sites like BrickLink to promote LEGO parts for sale. No problems with me. Using my LDraw parts in sold instructions doesn't bother me either. Selling software with my work included does not (...) (16 years ago, 17-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent

Hi! Here are three questions: one about LEGO trademarks and two for the LDraw community. The questions stem from a casual interest in selling custom LEGO kits with instructions. Because there are existing vendors of excellent such kits - and books (...) (16 years ago, 17-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Bricksmith 2.0: Mousing Around

(...) Allen, Thanks for developing a second release. Chris (16 years ago, 16-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming

(...) Here's the next alpha: (URL) that are known to be problems: - Model tree view - Syntax highlighting - Polling may be broken - Switching between tabs may cause the file revert dialog to popup (16 years ago, 16-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) That's great. I will use it for sure. mikeheide (16 years ago, 14-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Sure. In fact I had intended to make a small tutorial once that bug is fixed. Since there is interest now I will be sure to do so. Jim (16 years ago, 14-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

Philo, Jim, I'd love to see an article at LDraw.org about your experiences or even better a tutorial with tips and trick on LPub 4.0 and about making building instructions in general. Doable? w. (16 years ago, 14-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) Well - I try to do that, but often forget... and looking at the generated instructions, I often see areas where things would be easier to follow when done another way (eg small assembly callouts you mentionned). (...) The file is on another (...) (16 years ago, 14-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

These dozers look like a lot of fun, Philo! I especially like that you managed to build them as alternate models. A great model to share with instructions. (...) It sure does! Good point - including steps is an important step for making (...) (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(...) It would be interesting for me to see the mpd file that was used to create that awaresome building instruction. I am yet not familar with LPub4 to get such results. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  LPub4 and Killer Dozers

(URL) To further test LPub 4, I have created (URL) instructions> for my (URL) Killer Dozers>. Once you have correctly added steps to your models (that remains a lenthy process to get a really buildable thing), LPub 4 makes instructions creation and (...) (16 years ago, 13-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming

(...) Philo, I added your wishes to mine but obviously mine will be fulfilled first ;-))) In return you'll have to translate the GUI into French (for yourself, Tchang and Guy for the case he shows up again). w. (16 years ago, 12-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming

(...) I don't mind for the splash screen if it doesn't take time (I mean splash screen display should last no longer than LDDP initialization code) (...) Ah - very interesting list! But of course I have a few things to add... - A value select tool: (...) (16 years ago, 12-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming

(...) I'll add a check to prevent this. (...) I'll look into this (...) I'll also look into this. Actually, I'm thinking about killing the splash screen, thoughts? (...) This is already present and should be in the options. (...) Yes, but have a (...) (16 years ago, 11-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming

(...) ...and actually when doing that in the new version the file is not opened (a new file in a new instance is created) Philo (16 years ago, 11-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming

(...) This is very good news! I especially like the new tabbed editor, much more practical. Do you have a short list of changes/intended changes? A few things I noticed so far (perhaps caused by the alpha status...) - It is possible to open the same (...) (16 years ago, 11-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDDP 2.0 Coming

(...) Well hell why not let you all give it a try... Here's 2.0 alpha 2: (URL) there are some features that do not work or work as intended. Most notable are the model tree view and syntax highlighting. -Orion (16 years ago, 11-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  LDDP 2.0 Coming

To all interested, I'm well on my way to releasing a new version of LDDP (I figured 3 years was long enough). Anyone interested in test driving the new version, please drop me an email (Willy you don't need to). -Orion (16 years ago, 10-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  DATHeader UPDATE (1.1.8)

I have fixed a bug that I have recently discover. No new features. Download as usual at www.michael-heidemann.de cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 10-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  set picture 8947

I have never seen such set picture before. Most of the connections are not connected and his right "hand" looks very distorted. (URL) (16 years ago, 10-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) Thank for pointing this out. I think LDSShell is the better way to use LDS anyway. As I never used Pascal or Delphi, I do not understand the code nor can port that to VBExpress that I am using. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 8-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) As you above mentioned there is already a tool that does what you want - LDDPad. But with the capabilities of LDDPad you have to know the command line parameters and how to set them. LETGUI is designed as a GUI for command line tools, not as a (...) (16 years ago, 8-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) I still have the sources for LDSShell (Delphi Pascal), they are free for anyone wanting to have a look at them. I can't see any checking of return codes, all LDSShell does is capture the file LDS.ERR with all the 'compiler' errors and (...) (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) There's a much more recent version of LDS at (URL) am unable to edit anything at my "swipnet" pages since I changed ISP to Telia and can't reach Tele2's (ie swipnet) FTP service anymore.) MFHead is still highly unofficial and doesn't even (...) (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LETGUI new version 0.1.0.14

(...) At present all supported tools are hard coded. So I can add also other tools if needed. The idea of LETGUI was to have a starter for little command line tools like those from Philo and some others. I never have used LDS but just have had a (...) (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact