 CAD / 15468
Re: LEGO in auction titles (was: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:26:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Dean Earley wrote:
Ahui Herrera wrote:
In addition you **CAN NOT** use the term "LEGO" in your title on ebay.  It will
get pulled for TRADEMARK infridgments.  I have first hand experience on this
issue with both EBAY and LEGO over the selling of the Brickmania DVD and my
other CD on buildling instrcutions.

I guess that's why I'm not getting emails of new results matching "LEGO"
from eBay :)

Let me expand on this a bit before I set in confusion amount the readers.

If you are selling an offical LEGO product (say Star Wars Falcon #100) you
**CAN** in the title say: "LEGO Star Wars Falcon #100" or use the term "LEGO"
becuase you are selling an OFFICAL LEGO product.

If your product is NON-OFFICAL LEGO (read: anything that is LEGO releated but
TLC does NOT sell) then you **CANNOT** use the term LEGO in the title.

You can in the description say that your product works with LEGO bricks or is
designed to be built out of LEGO bricks but you will need the DISCLAIMER above.

Ahui Herrera