 CAD / 15444
Re: Questions About Selling Custom Model Instructions: Confirming LEGO/LDraw Consent
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 21:30:59 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jim DeVona wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
(The above represents my personal opinion
and in no way a LDraw.org SteerCo position).

The CA and LEGO's legal stance aren't personal opinions, are they? I'm
interested in the SteerCo's position, actually.

Thanks,
Jim

I have addressed this to the SteerCo in order to elaborate an official
statement. Said this, I'm in sync with Orion when he states that "Commercial
sale of instruction images rendered from LDraw models does NOT violate the CA"
since they are NOT considered a derivative work.

w.
(Still not wearing his SteerCo hat)