 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6356
Re: Help with Patterns
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:19:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Benjamin Lyttle wrote:
   I was wondering if you upload a more concrete example using a lego editing tool and show what the difference would look like between the three examples using one of them - it would be helpful to me to be able to see something that and it might also give some ideas on how to proceed with current and future projects.

Unfortunately, I don’t think that T-junctions can be made visible in MLCad, since I don’t think it has a wireframe mode. However, if you use LDraw Design Pad with LDView in polling mode, you can set LDView to wireframe, and the T-junctions will become very visible. Here are three sample files that illustrate the original shape with T-junctions, the fix made by adding two triangles, and the fix made by rearranging things for the least number of quads:

http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/TJuncExample.ldr
http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/TJuncExampleFixed1.ldr
http://www.halibut.com/~tcobbs/ldraw/private/TJuncExampleFixed2.ldr

--Travis