 CAD / *39125 (-100)
  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in news:Is4GwJ.1w60@lugnet.com: (...) No way. I've learned everything I know about rendering through reading stuff from other people here. Now I can give back a little. Wouldn't want to make money off of that. Koyan (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Whoa, a tutorial would be fantastic, Koyan! That would be enough to get me to build my MOCs virtually! I'd pay $$$ for that kind of a service. Maybe consider producing a book or a CD?? JOHN (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) It's nothing. I'm visiting my Dad (in San Diego) for the holiday. And I did have a good Christmas but I have to go home today so I'l post this reply before embarking on my plane ride home (Hawaii). (...) The reason why I asked for it is that I (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Just note (my main reply will be on the other branch of the thread). The ISD is aleady available: Orion's Website: (URL) Archive: (URL) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Thank you for the information Koyan! "Koyan" <koyan@gmx.net> wrote in message news:Xns97385B86B364....63.236... (...) I never thought of doing that with the mesh enhancer. That is a good idea. If you can group certain parts together as a sub model (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

Hi John, Orion's already explained most of how I work as well: L3P the .mpd with LGEO and mesh-enhance it. (I never just run the whole file through the enhancer, just certain parts here and there.) Add in radiosity and the lugnet colors. (I'm using (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Thank you for taking the time to reply on Christmas! I hope your Christmas was a good one. That is funny you mention that you have the source code. I was going to ask the author if he could add a per part angle tolerance. Different parts (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) No problem, that's what it's out there for. (...) The author of the program was also kind enogh to provide me with the source code so I could learn from it. (...) I leave the 3 default lights but I lower their intensity by reduceing their (...) (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Thank you for the quick response Orion! I hope you didn't mind me using your render as an example. It just looked so good and since you had the model available for download it helped me quickly compare my rendering skills to yours. :-) (...) (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

(...) Hi John, That render your using is mine and I'm 'billthefish' (at least outside of the UK Football scene). It was produced using a number of different tools: L3P Mesh-Enhancer - (URL) FastRad POV includes - (URL) LUGNET color definitions (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

I have corrected my links so that now people should see the images regardless if they have been moderated yet or not. I need some help making better LEGO renderings and getting around some errors that I am encountering. Here is an example of my (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Need help with errors and how to make renders look like this?

I need some help making better LEGO renderings and getting around some errors that I am encountering. Here is an example of my render on the left and someone else's cool render on the right: (URL) you can see I have a lot to improve in my renders. (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Almost forgot

(...) you're welcome! with LDView being such a cute viewer ever effort is worth doing to lower the erntrance bar for potencial users or make things easier for non-natives. (beside bug-hunting with you to get the next release ready ;-) (...) I'll (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: First LDD Creations.

(...) snipped (...) Thanks Orion. They were both fun to build. Technically they are Factory-able. The jet uses 98 bricks of 1172 total and would cost 55.03 USD. The truck uses 363 bricks of 2111 total and would cost 103.50 USD. Personally I'd call (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: First LDD Creations.

(...) Pretty cool. Are these LEGO Factory-able? -Orion (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Almost forgot

I almost forgot two things. First of all, thanks a lot, Willy. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this translation, and I suspect German LDView users will appreciate it even more. Secondly, if anyone who speaks German wants to post this (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  German translation module for LDView 3.0 in Windows

One of the new features of LDView 3.0 is support for translation modules. The first such module (German) has now been completed by <mailto:holly@holly-wood.it Willy Tschager>. (Note that this module only supports the Windows version of LDView, not (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  First LDD Creations.

Hi folks. Haven't posted anything in, well.. ages. Thought I'd delurk and share my first two LEGO Digital Designer creations. I think .cad is a fair location for such a posting. If not, please FUT to a better group and accept my appologies. My first (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.military, FTX) !

  Re: Coolest Brickshelf account

How do you guys make great renders like that? Do you have any suggestions or POV settings that I could try to improve my renders? Any tips on camera position, lights, etc? Your renderings are awesome! If anyone knows of any websites that have good (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LMM Easy Minifig Animator (very Alpha)

(...) Yes! At last I've seen the first POV-based LDraw animation system that really works for me! I just downloaded it, (Well, I had to download MLCad and install it too in order to generate a minfig. That was the only complicated part!). Then I ran (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  LMM Easy Minifig Animator (very Alpha)

Hi everybody! It's been a while since I last posted here. Apologies for sneaking below the radar for so long (special apologies to Tim and Orion). The news I've lately been busy rehashing my old LMM Minifig Walk POVray include file into something (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation)

  Re: LPub woes - more info

(...) William, I have broadband internet. Do you? Would you be interested in trying this? Kevin (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub woes - yet more info

I have a similar problem but I just carry on. I've just restarted some Lego animation after a break of a couple of years and these are the steps I took. Downloaded off the web.. LDraw Complete.zip any unofficial part files I could find MLCAD LPub (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: LPub woes - yet more info

Complete uninstall of all LDraw related tools, etc Installed from latest All-In-One installer (using POV-Ray 3.1) Installed latest LDView 3 Installed LPub 2.4.8 Same problem - LPub will render the complete image, but then fails with an access (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub woes - more info

(...) Kevin, if you are also running Windows XP, and you both have broadband Internet, you might try the Remote Assistance feature. I have used it with great success helping my father with some problems. /Lars (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: LPub woes - more info

(...) No. Each machine has its own local standard IDE disk (NTFS formatted). (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub woes - more info

(...) I am always at a loss in these cases, because it is so hard to debug without the machine in hand. Unfortunatly this email provides no help. Are the drives you are working with networked drives? With networked drives permissions can get in the (...) (19 years ago, 20-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: LPub woes - more info

Hi, Sorry if I was unclear. I have "updated" 'LDraw' (and by that I, perhaps incorrectly, include the official parts library and the unofficial parts library) many times. I didn't mean to imply that LDraw (the program) had been updated. William (...) (19 years ago, 17-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: LPub woes - more info and a different problem now

Kevin, Uninstalling the original LPub was how I got from the Invalid Handle message to the Access Violation message. The machine that reports this Access Violation only has LPub2 and LDView3 installed and no other versions of these programs. (...) (19 years ago, 17-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub woes - more info

(...) Correction LDraw "itself" has NOT been updated since the Virtual LEGO CD. One or two parts updates perhaps. It has been LPub and LDview that has had the most updates since the creation of the CDs. On the LDraw website where the ALL IN ONE (...) (19 years ago, 17-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub woes - more info and a different problem now

William, uninstall the original LPub and see if things work better. Orion is taking over LPub. He is putting the source on sourceforge. I'm very busy with other LEGO persuits, and will be so for about six months. Kevin (...) <snip> (...) Kev (19 years ago, 17-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  MINI Building Instructions available

Hi! Building instructions of my MINI creations are available on Brickshelf: (URL) M (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, FTX)

  RE: LPub woes - more info and a different problem now

OK, So just re-did the clean out and re-install on my other machine (same OS build, etc, etc, etc) Full "audit" follows Control Panel -> Add / Remove Software -> Remove LDView 3.0 Control Panel -> Add / Remove Software -> LPub Control Panel -> Add (...) (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: LPub woes - more info

(...) un-install (...) results. (...) info (...) Via Control Panel, Add / Remove Software ran the uninstallers for both LPub2 and LDView3 Deleted the LPub2 directory Deleted the LDView directory Deleted the HKLM/Software/LPUB registry entry Deleted (...) (19 years ago, 16-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub woes - more info

(...) I went to my desktop machine and did the same thing. I got different results. You've given great info on what you did to test it out. Could you give me info on what you did to clean it out? (...) Steve Barile, did you do the above step? (...) (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub woes

(...) Thanks for the heads-up. I'll correct that in the next LDView release. I haven't edited the model in so long that I never noticed that some of the parts had moved. I suppose I should also add moved-to detection to LDView, and have LDView show (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: LPub woes - more info

Just the model file that comes with LDView 3.0 No spaces in any of the paths, and also no directories longer than 8 characters (so also no ~'s in the dosified paths) -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub woes - more info

(...) What is m6459.ldr? Just a model file, or something special? Do you have file paths with blanks in them? If so, this is a problem. Not all the tools that LPub uses supports this. Kev (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub woes - more info

Uninstalled LDView and LPub2 (neither of which actually do a complete un-install as they leave registry keys, sub-directories, start menu items, etc lying around) Removed all traces of them. Install LDView 3.0 (13th Dec 2005 build) Set LDraw (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  RE: LPub woes

Hi Travis, Unfortunately you're right in that it doesn't fix the LPub problems. One minor point, you may want to update the m6459.ldr file as some of the parts have been ~moved (and LPub can't cope with those as it looks in parts.lst for its (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LPub woes

(...) I don't think it will solve your problem, but the just-released official LDView 3.0 should have some LPub-related fixes vs. the LDView 3.0 RC 1 release. --Travis Cobbs (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  *** LDView Version 3.0 Released ***

It's been a little over a year since LDView 3.0 Beta 1 was released, but LDView 3.0 is finally done. You can get it for both Windows and Linux, as well as the source code, from the LDView downloads page here: (URL) Compared to LDView 3.0 RC1, this (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: LPub woes

I did the total LDraw stack reinstall and couldn't get LPub to even get past launch... Any help would be appricaiated as well. The LPub error message is: "No renderers found. Either install POV-Ray, or use LPub to find LDGLite." I click [OK] button (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: parts release in 2005?

(...) If all goes to plan there will be one official parts release before the end of 2005. Watch this space ... Chris Dee (LDraw Parts Library admin) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  LPub woes

Can someone point me at versions of LPub 2, LDView 3 and L3P that work with each other. I've finally got around to installing LPub 2.8.4.0 with LDView 3.0 RC 1 and a very old copy of L3P and can now not render anything with LPub (either via PovRay (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  parts release in 2005?

will there be one last official new parts file in 2005? Jeff (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  4502 mod

Hi! I have made some modifications on the original LEGO x-wing fighter 4502: (URL) Here is the brkslhf gallery: (URL) And you can download the mpd file from here: (URL) M (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  MINI Dragonfly

Hi! Recently I have some time, so I made this cargoship like MOC. (URL) Here are the links: (2 URLs) Any comments are welcome. M (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: How is this made? (St. Pauls)

(...) That would be my guess as well. It also has wireframe fog turned on. If you're using the LDView 3 pre-release, just click the wireframe toolbar button, then hit the menu arrow next to that button and turn on the fog. With any version of (...) (19 years ago, 11-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: How is this made? (St. Pauls)

(...) (URL) (...) It looks to me like the wireframe vied in LDview. Sniff around the menus and you'll find an option to switch on wirefram view mode. Tim (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  How is this made? (St. Pauls)

Hi all, I just discovered following pic on brickshelf: (2 URLs) Could anyone tell me how to render this way? BTRW: Great mini-MOC and a great rendering! Thanks and kind regards, Holger (URL) (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Supertrain

(...) Wow, I was just taken back 30 years as a result of your post. I too built a super train from an idea from the short lived TV series back then. A spin off of my super train was a super mobile home / tractor trailer truck that I fantasied I (...) (19 years ago, 10-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

In lugnet.cad.ray, Lars C. Hassing wrote: > Well, yes, but could you try generating these parameters in stead: > location > sky > lookat > angle OK, I got it working. Here's my camera: camera #declare ASPECT = 4/3; location < (...) (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Help needed connecting tracks

(...) Not related to the tracks but just thought I'd let you know that if you add a "+FN" to the command prompt box in POVray it will generate your images in the smaller and more web friendly (in many ways) PNG format. Tim (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Supertrain

Recently I got my old collection back from my parents house, and a nice surprise was that there was an old MOC in there. (URL) It's somekind of supertrain, maxibus, fantasy vehicle. (URL) To make my old original sets complete again, I had to take it (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Help needed connecting tracks

(...) Thanks Jan, that's brilliant finished article: (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Help needed connecting tracks

Hej Steve, here you go: (URL) Jan. (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Help needed connecting tracks

I've created an .ldr file and it's complete except I can't get the rubber tracks to both meet and retain their characteristic tightness. (URL) MLCad skills only go so far and I can't get the right angle of rotation, I would be much obliged if some (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Here's the reply I got on the pnForums regarding the use of the authid: The main reasons are all security related. When a form is secured using authid: 1) The form can't be faked by inserting things into the get/post array. 2) The form is (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: "Left" view

(...) Actually, front and back are the same in both projections. One might argue that since MLCad does the top and bottom views that we're expecting, that this invalidates the argument. However, remember that the LDraw coordinate system is flipped, (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: "Left" view

(...) Hmm, maybe. But in both first- and third-angle projections, the central view/projection shows the same side of the object. In the case of MLCAD, when you choose 'front view', you are shown the front of the model. Same for top, bottom, and back (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: "Left" view

(...) Hello, all. I'm a new poster to this newsgroup, usually just a lurker. This discussion caught my eye and I wanted chime in. Perhaps the reason the LEFT view appears wrong is due to the orthographic projection scheme used by MLCad--First-Angle (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, FTX)

  Re: Gold Chrome via L3P

(...) That's great news, Lars! Thanks for the suggestion, and as always thanks for the great work. Dave! (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) I'm hesitant to use a captcha since it's just one more step in a process that's supposed to be quick and easy (i.e. it makes since to us webheads but the general user will see it as a pain-in-the-rear). I do however agree that a permissions (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) By sort first I mean I would find which vector is most-orthogonal (ie. the one whose dot protucts were smallest compared to the other two) and leave it be, then I'd perpendicularise the one whose dot-product was smallest with the first one and (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) I'm not sure what you mean by "sort first". However, I do what you say, and make the right and up perpendicular, then use the cross product to determine the direction. POV-Ray is only pedantic when the "vista buffer" is enabled (which is true (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) POVray worked hard for those images. Shrinking them is telling it that you have no respect for its work. You never know, all future renders might turn out wrong because it is mad. ;) Tim (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) I could also email Orion a 800 x 600 version of mine.... (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: OK here's the real problem! (Was: Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle)

(...) Actually, what you need to do is *skew* the 1-4edge. Literally deform it, so it stretches along the edge of the stud3 cylinder. If you turn it, it will no longer intersect the surface of the cylinder -- the edge will disappear inside the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) None handy but all I'd do is sort first and then perpendicularise one and use the cross-product for the third. Probably what you do anyway. To be honest I don't see why POVray is being so pedantic about it. It's only going to be accurate (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) While I agree with both of you, we should keep in mind that Orion said that this is a postnuke problem. Since the whole site is done with postnuke, I don't think there's much he can do about it, unless there's some postnuke option to work (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) Thanks for the offer. It sounds like I can make use of parameters that Lars has already implemented if I just change my outputs slightly, so I think I'll go that route. If you've already got the code or pseudo-code lying around, I'd like to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) I can do that. Unless I'm badly mistaken, my existing up will work fine as a sky vector. (...) Reading between the lines of the descriptions of the various camera settings, it really looks like POV-Ray automatically generates direction, up, (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: OK here's the real problem! (Was: Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle)  [DAT]

(...) Take the edge line: 1 2 -30 4 10 -3.69552 0 -1.53073 0 1 0 1.53073 0 -3.69552 1-4edge.dat Put it in a separate subfile. Include that subfile with no rotation matrix. Now apply a new MLCad rotation to the subfile. Finally inline the subfile to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: OK here's the real problem! (Was: Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle)

(...) I think my interpratation from the last time was halfway there and this explains it much better so we're definitely getting somewhere faster now :). You should be able to use the formula I gave in the last reply instead of an XYZ+angle in (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  OK here's the real problem! (Was: Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle)

Well, I think I've tried to explain what I need to do 3-4 times already, which is where I think the language barriers have played a pretty big role... The reason I tried to cook the problem down, is to reduce confusion, but I guess that was a bad (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) Well, yes, but could you try generating these parameters in stead: location sky look_at angle These should be adequate to fully describe the camera. ldglite uses them (URL) I have already made a -csky option. My impression has always been that (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Not to mention that it's trivial to bypass it if you did want to use a bot. If we need to do bot protection, we can use a captcha (similar to the way we're protecting the full installer) when votes are actually submitted. But there's no reason (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) Travis, You could orthogonalise the matrix before writing it out. It's relatively easy to make a routine that will find a 'best' rotation matrix that is perpendicular and very close to the original. That way you don't have to deal with the up, (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Why do everyone want to force me to work sequentially?!? :-( (the SAS booking system has even worse tasking errors) I find it very hard to beleive that there is a real need to prevent me from having multiple windows open on the same site. As (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) I did some investigation (read: experimentation), and came to the conclusion that I'm not going to be able to produce a camera matrix that POV will accept. The problem is that I use floats in my matrix, and they're not accurate enough to (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: White Shading in Lpub?

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Ir1pnM.1v8z@lugnet.com... (...) It already is all the way to the left. Anything else to try? Thanks, Mike (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) A bug is currently preventing this. You can see all the winning entries but not the current submissions (i.e. what's on the ballot). I'm working to fix this. (...) Email me more detail and we might sort out which one is yours. -Orion (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: White Shading in Lpub?

(...) Mike, Look for "Previous Step Color Scaling" or something like that. and pull the scroll bar thumb all the way to the left. Kevin (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  White Shading in Lpub?

I have captured the Snowman from LEGO 4759 ((URL) and rendered it with LPub. I am not sure why the white on the snowman images differs from the white used for the bricks in the BOM image. Does anyone know what I can set in Lpub so the model images (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

Hey Orion, Would it be possible for people without logins to at least be able to see the entries, even if they cannot vote? I had a login at one point, but tried all my normal usernames to no avail. Bruce (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

--SNIP-- (...) OK. Cheers. I did think it was a bit strict but my reading of the rules was that it was a requirement. I'll email you a new version of my image. Thanks for the clarification. Tim (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Yes that's exactly why. The way postnuke does user authintication involves generating an authorization key. Everytime you open a form it generates an auth key and when you click submit it passes the key along with the other form data. This (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) 800x600 isn't a hard limit on size, your entry can be larger. This doesn't mean you can submit a 8000x6000 image but 1024x768 is fine. The same applies for the 150k limit (however the rules wording on this point seems to imply differently so (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Could it be because I opened two tabs - one with each of the categories - instead of working sequentially? When I tried again now, I was allowed to vote in the SOTM category. Play well, Jacob (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle

(...) Now I think I see what you mean. You want to know how to rotate the primitive so that it lines up with one of the edge lines of the triangle. (...) This isn't the best way to go (I'll explain at the end of the post). (...) OK. The problem here (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) Strange. I managed to vote in both (or at least I saw no errors to indicate otherwise). Tim (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Finding a rotation matrix for a triangle

(...) The angle of the plane defined by the three points: I need to slap a primitive directly onto the triange with the correct angle. Now, if I should only slap this edge-primitive onto some rect-primitive, I should be able to copy the angle (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) It looks like I was only allowed to vote in one of the two categories. First I voted in MOTM and got to a page saying "Thank you for voting". Second I voted in SOTM and got to a (similar) page saying "You are not authorized to carry out this (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) I'm not complaining as I think it's a bit of a silly rule but this entry (URL) does not fit the rules I read (800x600 and <150k). Does this mean the rules have been changed and if so, can I submit a larger entry of my scene? Yours, Tim (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

Oh wait: when I logon to LDraw.org first, I get no errors. Good work! (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

(...) when i click the link I get: Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/www/users/peero...pnuser.php on line 313 Good thing this is restarted again! Thumbs up! :) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  MOTM / SOTM Voting For December Is Now Open

We're pleased to announce that voting for the December 2005 Model of the Month and Scene of the Month Contests is now open. Visit the voting page to cast your vote: (URL) inform me of any errors you may encounter. -Orion (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) I forgot the URL: (URL) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?

(...) One quick note. LDGLite seem to support L3P scene previewing. I've never used it so I cant give any advice one way or the other. -Orion (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact