 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2502
Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 17:33:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Timothy Gould wrote:
You could orthogonalise the matrix before writing it out. It's relatively easy
to make a routine that will find a 'best' rotation matrix that is perpendicular
and very close to the original. That way you don't have to deal with the up,
right etc.

I can write you a C routine to do so if you like, or send you some pseudo-code.

Thanks for the offer.  It sounds like I can make use of parameters that Lars has
already implemented if I just change my outputs slightly, so I think I'll go
that route.  If you've already got the code or pseudo-code lying around, I'd
like to take a look at it, though.  I'm guessing it's more accurate than my
arbitrary tweaking of my vectors to make them perpendicular.

--Travis