 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2491
Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 04:04:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Lars C. Hassing wrote:
But perhaps it would be more convenient to have a -matrix option
to directly specify the camera matrix ?
I know POV supports the matrix keyword inside the camera.

It would definitely be more convenient for me if you had a -matrix option.  I'm
not sure off the top of my head how to go from my camera matrix to your
latitude/longitude/roll (although I'm sure I could probably figure it out).

I'm pretty hung up in testing other L3P functionality,
maybe you would care to try yourself replacing the camera section
of a L3P generated file by a camera with your matrix.
I don't know if your matrix will work "as is",
perhaps somebody has already made an OpenGL to POV camera conversion...
/Lars

I'll take a look.  There's not currently any way to get the position portion of
the camera matrix out of LDView, but I can hack something together for a test.
I suspect the rows/columns might have to be swapped, but I don't see how
POVRay's matrix could be anything but a standard 3D transformation matrix.

--Travis