 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2499
Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:19:33 GMT

I did some investigation (read: experimentation), and came to the conclusion
that I'm not going to be able to produce a camera matrix that POV will accept.
The problem is that I use floats in my matrix, and they're not accurate enough
to produce results that POV will accept.  (It complains about things not being
perpendicular.  It won't do this if you manually turn off the Vista buffer, but
I get the impression that doing so will slow rendering down, and disable certain
features.)

Travis,

You could orthogonalise the matrix before writing it out. It's relatively easy
to make a routine that will find a 'best' rotation matrix that is perpendicular
and very close to the original. That way you don't have to deal with the up,
right etc.

I can write you a C routine to do so if you like, or send you some pseudo-code.

Tim