 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2490
Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 03:13:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Travis Cobbs wrote:
I tried to implement this functionality, but ran into a brick wall.  The problem
is that L3P doesn't allow for arbitrary camera positioning, so there's no way to
convert LDView's arbitrary camera position into an L3P command line.
Specifically, the top-of-head in L3P always points up.  I'm not sure if Lars
plans to change this in the next L3P or not.

I have already implemented support for the sky vector and for camera roll, see
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/ray/?n=1329

But perhaps it would be more convenient to have a -matrix option
to directly specify the camera matrix ?
I know POV supports the matrix keyword inside the camera.

I'm pretty hung up in testing other L3P functionality,
maybe you would care to try yourself replacing the camera section
of a L3P generated file by a camera with your matrix.
I don't know if your matrix will work "as is",
perhaps somebody has already made an OpenGL to POV camera conversion...
/Lars