 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2492
Re: Is it possible to use LDView as POV-Ray previewer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 00:01:47 GMT

Thanks to both of you. Just for me, I would be completely satisfied if LDView shows (and exports to clipboard) full 4*4 trafo matrix instead of 3*3 matrix as it does in current version. Then I am able to derive .pov trafo matrix by myself. Small change (probably just changing corresponding indexes in export and import routine) would make it. Moreover you’ll get better results when using command line. Currently LDview’s menu item “View/Show View Info” shows (and exports) only 3*3 rotation matrix, and that’s not enough.

I’ve used LDView to produce this screenshot (The model is rotated and shifted):

Than I exported rotation matrix using LDView’s “View/Show View Info” menu item. Finally, using command line -matrix parameter i run LDView again with the exported rotation matrix settings, and I got this:

The trouble is that LDview exports only rotational part of the matrix, but not the shift. I don’t know if that’s a bug or feature, but using full 4*4 trafo matrix should solve it.

Could I ask just for export of the full 4*4 trafo matrix together with commad line support in the future version?

I know how big change this would be to the code, I haven’t looked yet. Hopefully I can try to check the code next weekend, when I get back home.

Anyway, thanks for great software to both of you. Your programs are really beautiful.

Robert

P.S. i hope my explanation of the problem is clear, i am not a native speaker...