 CAD / 13468
13467  |  13469
Subject:
LPub woes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:29:41 GMT

Can someone point me at versions of LPub 2, LDView 3 and L3P that work with each
other.

I've finally got around to installing LPub 2.8.4.0 with LDView 3.0 RC 1 and a
very old copy of L3P and can now not render anything with LPub (either via
PovRay 3.1 or LDView) as I get one or more variations of
* Access Violation trying to read code areas (usually while rendering
instruction steps)
* Invalid handle messages
* Cannot run command - and then a string starting with a camera/light command

(The latter seems related to the fact that you cannot change the directory
ldview is in once its been set without first deleting the registry key)

OS is Windoze XP Pro fully SP'ed and patched, .NET 1.1 is installed if that's
important, no spaces in any install/model paths (seemed to cause some of the
invalid handle messages) and no directory/filenames longer than 8 chars (and
hence no ~ in file names - may have been adding to the invalid handle woes)

Models that rendered fine with LPub 1 and PovRay 3.1 will now not render at all
due to one of the above problems - not a very awe inspiring situation.

thanks

William

PS - if LPub can't write a file because the lpub/ldraw or similiar sub-directory
doesn't exist it should silently create it and not barf with an error dialog