 CAD / 13484
RE: LPub woes - more info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 08:41:47 GMT

Hi,

Sorry if I was unclear.  I have "updated" 'LDraw' (and by that I, perhaps
incorrectly, include the official parts library and the unofficial parts
library) many times.  I didn't mean to imply that LDraw (the program) had
been updated.

William

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf Of
Ahui Herrera
Sent: 17 December 2005 05:02
To: lugnet.cad@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: LPub woes - more info

Do you have more than one LDView installed?  How did you install LDraw
library? L3P?
LDraw et al were originally installed from the Virtual Lego CD.  LDraw has
been updated many times since.  L3P I believe is the original.

Only one LDView installed BUT I do still have LPub1 installed

William

Correction LDraw "itself" has [NOT] been updated since the Virtual LEGO CD.
One
or two parts updates perhaps.  It has been LPub and LDview that has had the
most
updates since the creation of the CDs.

On the LDraw website where the ALL IN ONE INSTALLER is located:

<http://www.ldraw.org/article/104>
you can see the latest version of all the software.

I think this excel file will also help you out.
It has ALL the File Dependencies for all of the software that the ALL IN ONE
INSTALLER has.  Get it here:
<http://www.geocities.com/jedi_agh/download/FileDependencies.zip>

Note that LPUB [*MIGHT*] have added new ones since it's last update but I am
not
sure yet.  Hope this helps you all.

I will [NOT] be releasing another ALL IN ONE INSTALLER until we have another
LDraw Parts update.  Furthermore I have a confession that since my baby was
born
8 months ago I have had very little time to work with the installer or
anything
else.  Seeing all the problems you are having with the latest version of
LPub
I'm reluctant to use the latest version if it won't work well with all the
other
software.

The main reason for the ALL IN ONE INSTALLER was to provide beginners with a
complete install of all the programs in LDraw that [WORK TOGETHER!]

-Ahui