 CAD / 13482
Re: LPub woes - more info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2005 05:01:44 GMT

   Do you have more than one LDView installed? How did you install LDraw library? L3P?
LDraw et al were originally installed from the Virtual Lego CD. LDraw has been updated many times since. L3P I believe is the original.

Only one LDView installed BUT I do still have LPub1 installed

William

Correction LDraw “itself” has NOT been updated since the Virtual LEGO CD. One or two parts updates perhaps. It has been LPub and LDview that has had the most updates since the creation of the CDs.

On the LDraw website where the ALL IN ONE INSTALLER is located:

http://www.ldraw.org/article/104 you can see the latest version of all the software.

I think this excel file will also help you out. It has ALL the File Dependencies for all of the software that the ALL IN ONE INSTALLER has. Get it here: http://www.geocities.com/jedi_agh/download/FileDependencies.zip

Note that LPUB *MIGHT* have added new ones since it’s last update but I am not sure yet. Hope this helps you all.

I will NOT be releasing another ALL IN ONE INSTALLER until we have another LDraw Parts update. Furthermore I have a confession that since my baby was born 8 months ago I have had very little time to work with the installer or anything else. Seeing all the problems you are having with the latest version of LPub I’m reluctant to use the latest version if it won’t work well with all the other software.

The main reason for the ALL IN ONE INSTALLER was to provide beginners with a complete install of all the programs in LDraw that WORK TOGETHER!

-Ahui