 Announcements / 3107
3106  |  3108
Subject:
German translation module for LDView 3.0 in Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 04:40:56 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

One of the new features of LDView 3.0 is support for translation modules. The first such module (German) has now been completed by Willy Tschager. (Note that this module only supports the Windows version of LDView, not the Linux version.) The help file hasn’t been translated (that’s a lot of work), but the entire rest of the application has been (including errors, warnings, and all dialogs).

You can find the translation module on the LDView downloads page here:

http://ldview.sourceforge.net/Downloads.html#TranslationModules

If anyone wants to create an LDView translation module for another language, please contact me for instructions. Note that Microsoft Visual Studio is required to create the modules for the Windows version of LDView. Also, since no Linux modules have been created yet, it’s unknown whether there will need to be bug fixes in LDView itself to fully support them. (The only reason this module works fully is that Willy had it almost completed prior to the LDView 3.0 release, and I fixed the problems that he discovered.)

--Travis Cobbs