 Boats / *499 (-100)
  Sonar question

Can sonar "see" around objects? Can it detect, for example, a sub hiding on the other side of a reef or similar underwater obstacle? Here's why I'm asking: The kitchenette in my office is around the corner and down a hall, so I can't see when (...) (20 years ago, 20-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Vignette - Admiral's Quarters

The Admiral has been locked inside his swanky cabin so long, I think the poor old fellow is going a little crazy. But, at least he's got a nice room to go nuts in. (Heck, insanity is a great way to pass the time!) ;-) (URL) -Mike "Count Blockula" (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.pirates, FTX) !!

  Here come the .... Vikings

Hi all I built 2 new MOCs (set size) in the viking spirit (press the pictures to magnify) (2 URLs) Comments are always welcome (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Microfig Maersk Sealand Container Ship

My microfig interpretation of the popular set #10152: (URL) Spencer Rezkalla (20 years ago, 28-Sep-04, to lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Fun with Lego Boats

In lugnet.boats, Niels Karsdorp wrote: <snip> (...) It looks identical to the Playmobil motor, actually. I have seen other ads from floating boats from this era state that you can motorize the boats with "another toy boat motor." (...) This set in (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Fun with Lego Boats

In lugnet.boats, Jeff Szklennik wrote: <snip> (...) It attaches pretty easily. you might have to "shave" just a bit of plastic from the top nib of the Playmobil motor for a perfect fit. also in this set: (...) I don't have this set but have wondered (...) (20 years ago, 23-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Maersk 10152 "Repaint"

(...) looks good, nice work Am I betraying my age? I don't think brown and orange are classic colours! Tim (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Fun with Lego Boats

(...) Motorized boats are not new to lego, take a look at the instructions of set 314 from 1976: (URL) I have two copies of this set, I don't have a motor and I won't use my set in water, but it would be nice to see boats moving through the water. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Fun with Lego Boats

(...) Snip (...) thanks for posting! my brother's got that set & has wanted to get a motor for years. The playmobil motor was the only one i could think of to get, but i wonder if it attaches easily? also in this set: (URL) a motor, & i suppose that (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Fun with Lego Boats

"Thomas Main" <thomasmain@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:I4CH32.uJn@lugnet.com... <SNIP> (...) Ah, for the ultimate in Lego Miniland R/C boats, check these photos out (URL) of the boat are here (URL) was made as a test prototype by the chief (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Fun with Lego Boats

Over the weekend I spent several enjoyable hours playing with my 4011 Cabin Cruiser ((URL) the twin hurricanes passed through my part of Appalachia, we had one of those brilliantly clear and beautiful September days in the mountains that makes you (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.general)

  Re: Interesting idea for boats/towns/train layouts: Falkirk Wheel

(...) That's insane! The website also mentioned that to get boats to the wheel they also had to build the aqueduct and a tunnel. A canal tunnel. Wow. Rick Clark (20 years ago, 10-Aug-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Interesting idea for boats/towns/train layouts: Falkirk Wheel

The Union Canal in Scotland has a pretty interesting lock mechanism for moving boats between two levels, called the Falkirk Wheel. Here's an animation to show it off: (URL) Boats move between the top and bottom levels via the wheel. More images are (...) (20 years ago, 9-Aug-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Maersk 10152 "Repaint"

(...) I think you should be, it came out great! nice work! (...) I like the cargo containers, I'm thinking there might be some other 1x2 logo'ed bricks out there that might work (like Octan maybe?) The repaint came out nice. I hope some other folks (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Maersk 10152 "Repaint"

Well I've finished my summer lego project. I rebuilt a 10152 in classic Lego colors. (URL) Dark Red = Red; Maersk Blue = Blue; Reddish Brown = Brown; Light Blue Gray = Light Gray; Dark Blue Gray = Dark Gray White, Black, Orange and all transparent (...) (20 years ago, 25-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

Nicely done, question for you though, what type of plates did you use to expand the bow of the ship to that width? (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) WOW what a tree, Thanks (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) Thanks, That's how I've been going about it so far. I am trying to figure out the feasability of another ship in the same scale but my first calculation seemed a bit wonky. I was also using a 1x1 round as approximate "person" size, but that's (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) There's a dicussion of scale (URL) here> based on container size. Hope this helps. ROSCO (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: 10152 Scale

(...) <snip> (...) There's no guarantee that they're in the same scale as the ship, but you might try working from the cargo containers instead. They don't have much in the way of variety of shapes and sizes. I think the only ones I've ever seen are (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats)

  10152 Scale

What is the actual scale of the 10152? I did a search but most posts discuss "mini" or "micro" scale. I realize the actual scale will have the "Lego" deviation. Also was the set based on an actual Maersk vessel? I was looking here: (URL) but I (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Here are a few pics of Scott's that I took at the NGLTC club house. He's still working on adding more containers but you get the idea: (URL) J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats)

  MOCs and models from June 2004 IndyLUG meeting.

Sorry a few of the images are fuzzy. I had a fingerprint on the camera lens :( None of the featured MOCs are mine, but all are from IndyLUGgers. Post-moderation: (URL) lugnet.org.us.indylug (20 years ago, 23-Jun-04, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Well, this is the hard place! (URL) This container is 40ft x 8ft x 9ft6in high, the size I see on lorries in the UK, built to 8mm:1ft scale. You could drive a model of a 5ft wide fork lift truck into it or two minifigures could walk in side by (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Not really if you model a European railway... Before the standard 20/30/40' containers the Dutch, German and most likely some other railways experimented with door-to-door transport using special freight boxes, which were around 1.5*2*1.5m A (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Agreed. This is a known issue with the standard (as designed by LEGO) minifig scale container, it's too small. We're stuck between a rock and a hard place though, either we abandon the design (and lose compatability and not have a use for all (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

Hi Robin, Great ship! I really your bigger version. And the tug is a nice touch as well. I work on the waterfront in northwestern washington state. So I see tugs and large freighters every day. I just have a couple of comments. The ship itself is (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) I'm going by the club house tonight Scott, I'll take a couple of pictures of it and post them if you want me to. jt (20 years ago, 17-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Ok, ok! 1) Decided to feed my 401K and Roth IRA instead of buying a digital camera... 2) Forgot my Brickshelf password... -Scott (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Exactly. I suppose this shows that I haven't taken as careful a look at the LEGO Maersk container ship as I have at the real thing. :-) Play well, Jacob (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Well, then no... I just tried it, but I only need two more plate of clearence. Maybe I'll make some mods or I could not use the racks and stack the containers on the deck floor. Hummmm Robin W (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Ted, Thanks, I bet you guys are building one as big as a house:) But, anyways I was tring to do more with less here, I want it to fit on one club table and not over power the display... Robin W (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) I think he's asking if containers fit underneath those, down in the hull of the ship, much like the real deal... -Tim (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Scott, I don't think we will be the only folk building larger versions of this ship. And I would like to see your version, it sounds great. Post some pics man... Robin W (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) John, I think I can get them all stacked on one side without adding to it's size. I just need to build more blank containers for the inside. And yes a seaport with cranes is my next big build:) Robin W (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Jacob, I don't know what your asking here? But, all of the containers go on the upper deck rack thingies like in the set... Robin W (20 years ago, 16-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Robin, Like the ship--I've been working on my own with parts from three Maersk ships, a republic gunship and a RBR. I just finished it last week--it's on the NGLTC summer layout now, and it's 24 studs wide by 45 inches long. The top of the (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Robin- Nice to see someone put the lie to the assertion that a minifig scale-up would take 8 or even 16 sets <g>. Your version certainly works! -Ted (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) (snip) (...) I love it, Rob! I really like seeing all of the LTC containers:-) I think you should try and double the width of the ship, and stack the LTC containers 3 maybe 4 high; that way you could show off all the clubs in profile. Now (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

(...) Looks really nice. But how do you get containers into the hold? Play well, Jacob (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Mini-fig Scale Maersk Ship...

Maersk ship fans, Here is my mini-fig version of the new Maersk ship! This ship uses parts from two 10152 sets and some brick from my oun collection. See this ship at future GFLTC Train shows and events in the state of Florida. (URL) Link: (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jun-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(snip_) (...) I also found these sites useful: www.maersksealand.com www.maersktankers.com (anybody want to make a Maersk tanker?) www.oss.dk (you can select english text)--this is a shipyard building site (that apparently does a fair amount of ship (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Where do container cranes come from?

(URL) you go up from that pic, you'll find info on the ship pictured. Go up again to here (URL) and you'll find a LOT of great ship info. Including a number of container ships, one of them Maersk... The curator may want to put this site in the (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) They may be empty, if that pic was taken at a US port just before departure during the reload process. (we import a lot more goods in containers than we export) Also, the ship is nowhere near capacity... count the empty rows, it's got maybe (...) (20 years ago, 25-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) water to keep all those containers afloat... they must all be full of cotton candy or something! Mark (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

Oh, one more... If you don't know what to do with your orange, here you go: (URL) (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I agree... Here's a snap of a small container ship. Note that it's only 5 containers long and about 6 or so wide (URL) think it's an NL ship, actually. So there are small ones out there, as well as the monsters (URL) some are presumably (...) (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) From my model railroading I know all about selective compressing and there's usually a certain breaking point where it looses it's effect and becomes silly. IMHO the 4-w container is at least close to that if you use it together with minifigs (...) (20 years ago, 21-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I have, both from the air, and up close, (and in articles in TRAINS) and I agree. (...) I just don't have enough brick(1) to do very many of them and I'd rather go for a huge pile of smaller containers that I CAN do, and 2 or 3 ships instead (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: for those who can't wait - pictures from 10152

Jonathan Lopes wrote in message ... (...) of (...) copies I had the same reaction when I saw the detailed pics. As far as I can see there's only one layer of M Blue bricks, and they look like mostly 1x8's or other large size. Pity. Actually I'm more (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I can see both sides of this, but I'm more swayed by 'selective compression', as Larry mentioned. For example-- Jeff VW set up his harbour cranes at a few of our train shows-- (URL) the 'standard' 4x8xwhatever freight containers. The cranes (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) While on one side I'd say that you're right here, on the other hand some things in proper proportions can get a point across much better. (URL) you've ever seen a real terminal, you'll know it's really overwhelming. I think using 4*6 or 4*8 (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) I agree with Larry here (...) Larry introduced me to this term/concept and this is what I had in mind. The container size is the key. The model seems to have 5 rows of 2-wide containers and you would want 4-wide which IIRC is what the train (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A little math concerning ships, containers and Minifigs

I think we should build 3-wide trains to fit these new 2-wide containers... ;-) JohnG, GMLTC fut .trains, just to rile John Neal... (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs

(...) (snip) (...) Well, that's sharp and all, but I think building to scale really misses the point. That container's 8 wide! I prefer my scenes more packed with detail rather than doing one 10 foot long ship so that I can fit my to scale (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: for those who can't wait - pictures from 10152

(...) Hi Bryan, I agree with you that this model looks much better with the stickers. But the stickers are damaged. I hope to get new stickers from Lego service... right now everyone I know who has built this set has the same problems with the (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: for those who can't wait - pictures from 10152

(...) Thanks for posting these. My copies haven't arrived yet. I am initially a little disappointed at the inclusion of thin walls instead of bricks in the Maersk blue color....but, that may change when I receive my copies of the set. Of course, I (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: for those who can't wait - pictures from 10152

(...) Here's the first set with the new colours that I actually want - but only for displaying purposes! This is also one of the few sets that I'll actually apply the stickers - I think it looks far better with the Maersk logos on the containers. (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  Re: for those who can't wait - pictures from 10152

(...) Thanks for sharing these pics! I am digging the stickers!!!! I am impressed with all the neat microfig scale details this ship has. And some tasty non blue parts as well. (1x2 curved top, 1x2 tile in trans black, etc) Looks like our selection (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX)

  for those who can't wait - pictures from 10152

Hi everyone, after ordering the set on monday I got mine today. And I'm happy to bring you some more pictures than only from the box shown on brickshelf and S@H. I hope you enjoy them. Great set btw... the ship is sooooo long, nearly 70 cm! (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.boats, FTX) !

  Re: New Airline Promo

(...) As far as it was posted (so far)... Maersk is only giving these away to their preferred customers. But from an (as yet) unverified German Service Rep, these sets will hit Shop@Home as an exclusive. I don't think we'll get more info than that (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.promo, lugnet.boats)

  Re: New Airline Promo

(...) If anyone has any information on this set (10152) Please let it be known! (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.promo, lugnet.boats)

  Re: minifig scale cargo boat

Thanks for more detailed pictures. The bow and stern detailing is nice. This really encourages me to consider a Great Lakes type freighter. (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: minifig scale cargo boat

(...) Thanx Ed, Here are the brand new pix : (URL) can see Captain Médé FreeLUG Minifig just there : (URL) some internal details later... (20 years ago, 1-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: minifig scale cargo boat

(...) Very nice. There can never be enough ship builders. Please pass along compliments to Captain Mede. Looking forward to more pictures. (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.boats)

  minifig scale cargo boat

A FreeLUG member (médérick) shown us his cargo boat model a few weeks ago : (URL) deep link : (URL) This guy is a sailorman (trawler-man in the channel). The boat is about 1,5 meters long. There's some (fun)ctional details such lights, rudder..more (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Pictures Of This Set?

"Jeff Barnas" <jmbarnas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Hu4M1L.1In8@lugnet.com... (...) this set? (...) Will building instructions help? You can find building instructions at (URL) Steinnes (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.boats, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Pictures Of This Set?

Does anyone have any this set and some better or more detailes pics of this set? 5848 (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.boats, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures from the second Great Western LEGO Train Show at the STEAM Museum, Swindon, UK

(...) Quick self-publicising cross-post, since Huw's taken some nice pictures of my 'Orca': (URL) Railton (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Smuggler

Hello, I've always wanted to use that old blue hull from my 4015 set... Johnny Thunder knows that Old Bill is not just a fisherman. Bill is using his rusty boat to smuggle weapons, explosives and whisky in secret compartments under cargo hatch and (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  4 New Lego Sets in LDraw

I've uploaded 4 Lego sets I did in LDraw to my website: (URL) sets are: Classic Space: 6825 (Cosmic Comet) 6861 (X-1 Patrol Craft) 6931 (F-X Star Patroller) Model Team: 5521 (Sea Jet) Enjoy -Orion (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.space, lugnet.boats)

  My Red Lego Boat Story (Was Re: Chili - Canine Mecha)

(...) Sorry Eric, but this (URL) pic> is just wrong. ;-P (...) OMG, I just rememberd the bomb story! Check this out, When I was a kid I played with Lego, duh, but I lived in San Francisco Caifornia. I would ride the bus to Golden Gate Park with my (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.boats, lugnet.year.1978, lugnet.year.2003, FTX)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) Keep doing what you love James. I too have done a solo gig where I had put on display a 32' long cable-stayed bridge in a window at a toy store. Yes, a lot of work!!! When I was done and standing outside admiring it, a couple walked by and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) That was always one of my favorite things about working at the LEGO Imagination Center. Families would look at the big displays, Mom & Dad would say something like "that's impossible", kids would look at the same displays and say "If *I* had (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Shirley day Lego Setup

I've just got back from doing another solo gig- isn't living in a AFOL shy area great? Anyway, I had 30' by 30-120" to play with, including the debut of two new features for me, a pond (canal) system, and "Bricstol Temple Meads". The pond kind of (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  HMLS Intractable

Ahoy! At last, a British vessel of note in the waters of Port Brique!! Sailing into Port Brique harbour late one April morning in 1803, the sloop-of-war Intractable under the command of Commander Reginald Stalwart-Hope was a fine sight. Locals (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats) !

  Misérable

It is finished! After many late nights I have put the final external touches on my 28 Gun Frigate, Misérable. Misérable is a worthy successor to my Light Frigate, Eponine II, but has moved the shipbuilding efforts of Port Brique to a higher level. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, lugnet.loc.au) !!

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

Hi Nick, (...) Seems an improvement to me. The added color makes the shape come out more, making your ship more beautiful than it already was. A nice touch with the symbol embedded in the deck. Cheers, Twan. (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

<snip> (...) naa.. if the picture starts out at 240 pixels, then that's really gonna be the best size you can get. you definately won't be able to go up to 400. i know what its like dealing with a subpar camera.. for a while i had to take pictures (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

(...) big but i guess through photoshop i could enlarge them but i don't want to lower the quality any lower. Anyway, I took the pictures late at night and was anxious to go to bed. The lifeboat was Nathan Wells's design. Some good pics of different (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

my only complaint: I WANT BIGGER PICTURES!! your pics are only 240 pixels high.. make that at LEAST 400 pixels!! Especially if it is a creation this cool! It looks great but I can't see the details that I know you've put there! also the lighting is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

(...) That's great! There's a bit more light in the pics too - it makes it much easier to make out the SNOT curved hull (which is very well done!) Cheers Richie (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

Hi Nick, "Nick Oranzi" <cheez11111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HCxup0.1EI2@lugnet.com... (...) looks a (...) Changing it to black will not enhance your design I think. I find that using a lot of black bricks does not make the shape of a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  "Mieling" v1.5

After reading your replies, i went back and did a few modifications to the hull to add more color and flavor. (URL) to the old one: (URL) call it v1.5 because i still plan to do a revision replacing the blue with brown or red after i order the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) and this one is a beauty! The sweeping of the bow is amazing, the whole shape is nice and smooth and very "un-LEGOish". My only criticism is the overwhelming amount of black, as Don and Nathan have pointed out. (...) Blue looks okay, but I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) I like it. I always like medieval ship models though you rarely see them posted. Good work. Perhaps add some colour contrast... God Bless, Nathan (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) I do agree that i used too much black. the project began initially to see if i could make a good hull out of bricks. I just started adding to it with my black bin beside me. before i knew it, it was all black. the few tan details were added in (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) Not black! Please not black - as Hugh points out, there's too much black as it is. The combination of small pics and black has me straining my eyes (and the contrast control on my monitor) to try and make out the detail. Having said that, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) The blue looks ok, there is too much black anyway, drowns out the detail. The overall look of the ship is great. I really like it. Great idea, good construction. Close to a 'junk' style vesel. Keep up the good work, Hugh (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

The jahmong ambassador is on his way to Sirob on the "Mieling". The black, single sailed ship cuts through the waves speeding to its destination. This is my first large scale, all brick ship hull (URL) am thinking about changing the canopy to black (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

(...) Thanks. I know, But I'm the kind of person who has to have it <JUST RIGHT>. I drive my family crazy when I do that! ;-) Nathan Lord of the LEGO (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

(...) Thanks! After checking Peeron and Bricklink, I was happy to find most of the pieces in my boat were available in tan! Maybe I'll build a fishing village someday. Nathan Lord of the LEGO (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

(...) Thanks! Once I grab a few of the Orient Expedition Junks available this summer, I'll rebuild some fishing boats and have a whole fleet! Nathan Lord of the LEGO (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

(...) Enjoyed! :-) Really nice. And don't worry about the colours. It is LEGO after all. Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

Quite clever! I like it and the colors aren't bad, but to get it just right it would need to be tan. But it looks like a reed boat. Really neat! Build On, Josh (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

That turned out pretty cool. Creative use of parts. And the colors don't look too bad as it is. I like it. -Andrew (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

Hi Everybody, This is just a small MOC I made after seeing several Chinese and Egyptian fishing boats made out of bamboo and reeds. The colors aren't perfect, but it gets the point across. (URL) of the LEGO (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

Wow! A very impressive model with a lot of amazing details. Unfortunately a lot of the pictures in the "exposition" section appear to be broken or at least halfway-broken, although the thumbnails look ok. For example 3-takao-todd-02.jpg (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock

Stefan Garcia wrote in message ... (...) detail (...) There are ferries in Texas? :-) I tried using the one-piece Lego rafts to begin with, but they just took up too much space on the rather abbreviated upper decks, so I ended up building my own. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock

Adam Murtha wrote in message ... (...) Coast (...) Thanks Adam, nice to hear from someone who knows the originals! (...) Yes, many :-)... see market.b-s-t Kevin ---...--- Custom building kits: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact