 Boats / 453
Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats
Date:
Sat, 22 May 2004 02:27:04 GMT

In lugnet.boats, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Those containers are gorgeous, as is Mark's 8wide. That's not what I'm
debating. I just don't have enough brick(1) to do very many of them and
I'd rather go for a huge pile of smaller containers that I CAN do, and 2
or 3 ships instead of just one big one.

From my model railroading I know all about selective compressing and there's
usually a certain breaking point where it looses it's effect and becomes
silly. IMHO the 4-w container is at least close to that if you use it
together with minifigs and 6-w trains/4-w cars (let alone wider)

I agree...

Here's a snap of a small container ship. Note that it's only 5 containers long
and about 6 or so wide

http://home.tiscali.nl/nlhonshu/others/Heinz%20Schepers.jpg

I think it's an NL ship, actually.

So there are small ones out there, as well as the monsters

http://members.lycos.nl/sanderse2/maersk/Soro%20Maersk.jpg

and some are presumably selfunloaders

http://members.lycos.nl/sanderse2/maersk/Maersk%20Norfolk.jpg

And some shots make you wish for technic beams in Maersk blue...

http://members.lycos.nl/sanderse2/maersk/SeaLand%20Michigan.jpg

The entire site is here, and it has a lot more than just Maersk:

http://members.lycos.nl/sanderse2/index.htm  Great resource (hats off to Huw
Millington for finding it)