 Boats / 456
Re: A little math cioncerning ships, containers and Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 01:46:35 GMT

In lugnet.boats, Mark Riley wrote:
In lugnet.boats, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Oh, one more...

If you don't know what to do with your orange, here you go:

http://members.lycos.nl/sanderse2/hamburg%20sud/Cap%20Melville.jpg

Wow, looking at the photo, it's hard to imagine that that ship displaces enough
water to keep all those containers afloat...  they must all be full of cotton
candy or something!

They may be empty, if that pic was taken at a US port just before departure
during the reload process. (we import a lot more goods in containers than we
export)

Also, the ship is nowhere near capacity... count the empty rows, it's got maybe
1/3 of its full load of containers, if I am not mistaken.

Slightly off topic, Nik and I built a copy of _the set_ today. Sort of a boring
build but a *very* neat model. We added a few containers in other colors for
filler to bulk up the load somewhat... I kept them mostly hidden since I don't
have Evergreen/HYUNDAI/CAST/PONL/APL etc stickers to decorate with.