 Boats / 490
Re: Fun with Lego Boats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:38:34 GMT

"Thomas Main" <thomasmain@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
news:I4CH32.uJn@lugnet.com...
<SNIP>

Anyway, I got me to thinking about a few things.  I think there is
actually a
hobby of RC boat enthusiasts.  I don't know anything about it, though.
Anyone
here part of that hobby?  Is it transferrable to Lego boats?  Would that
be
desireable?

I can see possibilities for having "games" on the lake with Lego boats.
Races,
obstacle courses, finding treasure (GPS and camera enabled boats - why
not) :P

.boats could become the next .trains at Lego shows.  More water-based
displays,
etc. :P

And, here's another idea (not related to boats in particular).  I wonder
if some
city parks might be up for having a fan-created Lego Miniland-type display
setup.  I think it would be great to see these sprouting up ("miniland is
not
just at Legoland anymore").  Plus - no more worries about having layout
space
(of course, I realize there would be a host of new issues to contend
with).
Anyway, it is just a thought.

Go out and enjoy your boats!!!

--
Thomas Main
thomasmain@myrealbox.com

Ah, for the ultimate in Lego Miniland R/C boats, check these photos out
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Modellers/Guy/lego%20pics.htm

Description of the boat are here
http://www.modelboatmayhem.co.uk/Modellers/Guy/Lego.htm

This was made as a test prototype by the chief model maker at Legoland
Windsor, so he knows a thing or two about how to build good boats!

To quote "We had fun in summer 1999 when I towed myself in a dinghy down a 4
mile stretch of the river Thames near Windsor for charity, the model has
plenty of ' grunt '...."

Personally, I'm more into radio controlled planes so I don't know much about
boats!

Richard