 Boats / 492
Re: Fun with Lego Boats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:40:39 GMT

In lugnet.boats, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
In lugnet.boats, Thomas Main wrote:
Over the weekend I spent several enjoyable hours playing with my 4011 Cabin
Cruiser (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4011).

Snip

I took my boat out to a small lake and just had fun with it.  I had a reel of
fishing line that I attached to the bow and put a Playmobil motor underneath > and set it off.

Snip

Thomas Main
thomasmain@myrealbox.com

thanks for posting!  my brother's got that set & has wanted to get a motor for
years.  The playmobil motor was the only one i could think of to get, but i
wonder if it attaches easily?  also in this set:

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4669

there's a motor, & i suppose that would work.  are the boat huls the same?  i've
looked at the 4669 box, but don't remember a good pic of the bottom of the
boat/motor connection.  thanks!

Motorized boats are not new to lego, take a look at the instructions of set 314
from 1976: http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0314/0314-04.html

Although I have two copies of this set, I don't have a motor and I won't use my
set in water, but it would be nice to see boats moving through the water.

Niels