 Boats / 487
486  |  488
Subject:
Interesting idea for boats/towns/train layouts: Falkirk Wheel
Newsgroups:
lugnet.boats, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 15:45:28 GMT

The Union Canal in Scotland has a pretty interesting lock mechanism for moving boats between two levels, called the Falkirk Wheel.

Here’s an animation to show it off:

Boats move between the top and bottom levels via the wheel.

More images are available here, here, here, and here.

The official website has some more info.

Note: I didn’t take these photos - I can only attribute them to “Rosco” from another discussion board.