 Announcements / 3330
3329  |  3331
Subject:
Contributor Agreement License details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2006 13:24:12 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

Well it's been a long time coming but we now have a version of the Contributor
Agreement (CA) license and readme to be distributed alongside new versions of
the parts library. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have
worked on the proccess. It's nearly done.

If anyone has any queries or complaints about the license please respond to this
post. We will launch a vote soon but it would be best to at least give the eagle
eyes of LDraw system users a chance to spot any mistakes or to clear up any last
minute worries before posting it.

Thanks for your time and patience,

Tim Gould on behalf of the LDraw SteerCo

----

The license and readme can be found at

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/CAreadme.txt
http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/CAlicense.txt

Further information about the license can be found at:

http://www.ldraw.org/article/349
http://www.ldraw.org/article/350
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode

---- CAReadme.txt

The following is the CREATIVE COMMONS PUBLIC LICENSE for the LDraw Parts
Library licensed under the LDraw Contributor Agreement (CA). Parts which
fall under this license will contain the following line in their headers.

0 !LICENSE Redistributable under CCAL version 2.0 : see CAreadme.txt

However this text is not a licence! It is simply a handy reference for
understanding the Legal Code (the full license), which can be found in
the CAlicense.txt file — it is a human-readable expression of some of its
key terms. Think of it as the user-friendly interface to the Legal Code
beneath. This text itself has no legal value, and its contents do not
appear in the actual licence. For a deeper insight please visit:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/

It essentially grants the following freedoms.

You are free:

    * to copy, distribute, display, and use the CA approved LDraw
      Parts Library
    * to make derivative works
    * to make commercial use of the CA approved LDraw Parts Library

Under the following conditions:

Attribution. You must give the original author credit.

    * For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to
      others the licence terms of this library.
    * Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission
      from the copyright holder.

Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.

LDraw.org, November 2006