Re: Contributor Agreement License details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:37:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Timothy Gould wrote:
Hi all,

Well it's been a long time coming but we now have a version of the Contributor
Agreement (CA) license and readme to be distributed alongside new versions of
the parts library. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have
worked on the proccess. It's nearly done.

If anyone has any queries or complaints about the license please respond to this
post. We will launch a vote soon but it would be best to at least give the eagle
eyes of LDraw system users a chance to spot any mistakes or to clear up any last
minute worries before posting it.

Thanks for your time and patience,

Tim Gould on behalf of the LDraw SteerCo

no replies so far :-( we will than call for the ratification, though we would
really appreciate some comments from people with legal knowledge, better
experience in copyright matters before going to vote.

w.

guys,

before speculation grow wild I'll take the whole thing back to the steerco. thx
for any input - though I have to admit that some posts go further than my
wildest dreams ever did. as far as I understand the license both license files
have to included when you, say bundle the library with your prog to ease
installation. therefore:

* no copyright on images
* no copyright on models
* when credit has to be given it applies to the library and not the single
authors.

please learn that this is only my personal point of view. I'll come back to you
once the steerco has discussed the issue.

w.