Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 23:41:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Tim Gould wrote:

I'm not sure what further point these limited counter examples
provide.

They provide exactly that. *Counter examples* to your argumentation. If you
don't know what to do with a counter example, that's your problem. In the
mathematics world, *one* counter example is enough to make a 'proof'
invalid.

I invalidated your declaration

I wouldn't bother quoting the mathematical world at me. I'm well aware of what
defines a mathematical proof or disproof.

But... since you seem to wish to be pedantic I said what FURTHER point does it
bring. The postulate was already disproved (or invalidated to use your terms).
As you say, one counter example destroys the proof. So you actually
"invalidated" nothing because it had already been invalidated.

Tim

--snip--