Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 22:20:37 GMT

Tim Gould wrote:

I'm not sure what further point these limited counter examples
provide.

They provide exactly that. *Counter examples* to your argumentation. If you
don't know what to do with a counter example, that's your problem. In the
mathematics world, *one* counter example is enough to make a 'proof'
invalid.

I invalidated your declaration

There is no way to use a typical LDraw file without the parts
library to render a scene.

by giving one simple counter example.

Now, how much more of your argumentation is as easily invalidated? What does
the 'license' *really* say? What does LDRAW org. *really* mean with this
license? And why doesn't the 'license' spell that out - why do you have to
resort to readme:s that have no legal binding? What is the hidden agenda?
Will they find each other in the last chapter? Is the 'license' really the
right one? Etc. etc.

Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm
Gallery:   http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/gallery/index.htm