Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 16:11:57 GMT

In the case of a render the finished product is most definitely a
derivative work as without the parts it could not exist. As such it
falls most distinctly under the realms of the license.

I disagree.  A sculpture may contain obvious marks from a distinctive
chisel, but is not a derivative of that chisel.  Now if you make a new
chisel based on the distinctive chisel, that's a derivative work.

As for means of transmission you are throwing up pointless and
meaningless rubbish.

Again, I disagree.  We clearly see the world through different eyes.
You can call my views rubbish if you want.  That's ok, nothing will
come of it because I *already* agreed to whatever terms the Ldraw Org
came up with for it's license.  I'm just trying to point out what I
see as a slight flaw in the thinking.

Have fun,

Don