Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 21:13:53 GMT

Tim Gould wrote:

I figured you were which is why I called it unfair. Without the
library the render cannot exist. Without the library the LDraw file
is just a meaningless list of transformations and codes.

This is definitely wrong! There is nothing unique with the LDRAW library. It
doesn't have a special place in the universe - it's just another information
collection.

My BlockCAD program can load *some* LDRAW model files and render a picture
using the *BlockCAD parts library*. In POVRay you can use, for example,
Anton Raves' Lego parts, or any other existing library, there are more to
find - some less complete than others. I wouldn't be surprised to find a
SketchUp library of parts, not connected to the LDRAW library, and so on.

The model file transcends the parts library.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm