Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 22:55:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Anders Isaksson wrote:
What does
the 'license' *really* say? What does LDRAW org. *really* mean with this
license? And why doesn't the 'license' spell that out - why do you have to
resort to readme:s that have no legal binding? What is the hidden agenda?
Will they find each other in the last chapter? Is the 'license' really the
right one? Etc. etc.

hi anders,

the readme is nothing than a human readable version of the legal text (which in
the end tells us that lawyers are not human) and it is basically a copy of this:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/legalcode

we (the steerco haven't written it), we (the 2006/2007 steerco) haven't chosen
it, but we (the 2006/2007 steerco) have to deal with it. at this point I suggest
to return to the initial version to which all authors have agreed on and see
what the future might brings.

w.