Re: Contributor Agreement License details - updated version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 00:49:56 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Steve Bliss wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Timothy Gould wrote:
Perhaps people would prefer if we changed that paragraph to something like this
in the README

----
LDraw.org is the sole entity responsible for enforcement of the Parts
Library copyrights. LDraw.org does not consider rendered images or LDraw data
files (such as MPDs or LDR files) to be derivative works of the Parts Library.

I think that is more workable, since it limits the README to addressing the
interpretation of terminology in the license, rather than elaborating/modifying
the actual license.

Steve

I do think we should try to get it enshrined in the Constitution too. I really
doubt it's ever going to be an issue but it should go some way to assuaging
people's worries.

Tim