 Administrative / General / 221
Re: LUGNet Chat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 15:48:32 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

Richard Franks <richard@__no_spam_please_im_veggie__spider.com> wrote:
The game aspect is entirely optional, and is not needed or relevant for
a Lego chat. I would suggest that a talker would be sufficent (no
creatures or objects) as this would also be lighter on system resources.

Although it'd be fun to have a lego-based MOO (MUD/MUSH Object Oriented, or
something like that) where you could build your own virtual lego houses....

Well yeah :) You could have a Lego-People running about and everyone
beats up poor Timmy. But if LUGNET were to host it then a talker might
be less work. Is a MUSH more self-regulating where people are allowed to
create a certain #objects and #rooms at a time, by themselves?

Hmmm.. would it be possible to tie it in with the planned LUGNET
neighbourhood? There are extensions to Viscape (the 3D environment used
in the www.lego.com UFO game) which allow for realtime interaction with
other users - you could wander about the neighbourhood, visit friends
houses and talk too :)  Unfortunately it's only for PCs at present..
although that is a bit in the future anyway!

Richard

--
Remove everything in-between and including the '_'s to reply!