 Administrative / General / 246
Re: LUGNet Chat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 23:10:12 GMT

Perhaps a Princess.... <sarah@eskimo.com> wrote:
In Your Opinion

Well. It's not a baseless opinion. It has very limited terminal emulation
capability, has trouble understanding that a standard terminal screen size
is 80x25, doesn't let you create an address book.... Not to mention simple
aesthetic issues (which can be significant if you're going to be using it
for any length of time) like being able to change the colors used. (Can you
even change the font? I forget.) Anyway, it's not meant to be a full
featured telnet program. It's like using Windows Write as a word processor.
(Or worse.)

(I've never sent anything over telnet that needs encryption. If that
is important. Yeah. Telnet won't do that natively)

Have you sent your password?