 Administrative / General / 183
Re: LUGNet Chat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 02:28:43 GMT

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998 01:24:22 GMT, "mmaje" <mmaje@columbus.rr.com>
wrote:

Would it be possible to start a chat system on LUGNet? I originally thought
mine would be successful (No idea why), but after 30 hours, it has 1 member
and only 17 hits. So, this led me to this post about a chat system on
LUGNet. I think that it would be far more successful than anything anybody
else has come up with.

Speaking only for myself, I would be no more likely to go to a chat on
LUGnet than elsewhere. IRC, etc are not my style. IF I have very good
reason, I will go to a MUSH to talk. But mostly, I'm simply not
on-line long enough to make sitting around just to talk worth it --
especially when I can send messages to news groups and have other
people answer them when it is convenient to THEM.

On occasion, for a scheduled meeting about a topic I am very
interested in, I might go to a chat. That's about it.

Sarah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com