 Administrative / General / 240
Re: LUGNet Chat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 22:31:30 GMT

Perhaps a Princess.... <sarah@eskimo.com> wrote:
Nope. i already have access to tf on my ISP and I suspect that Eskimo
is not the only ISP that has this loaded for everyone who wants to.

I dunno. Many (most?) ISPs these days don't even give out shell accounts,
let alone being cool enough to install useful programs....

No. This makes talkers nicer. It is NOT necessary. Necessary is
something that access the telnet protocol -- a program which comes
with Win95, I know. Don't know about mac. Unix has it by default, I
believe.

:) Yes, of course Unix has it by default.

The telnet client that comes with Win95 is utter crap -- anyone wanting to
do anything serious really ought to get something better, like NetTerm.
(Or SecureCRT, which is great because it also does SSH, which is encrypted.)