 Administrative / General / 214
Re: LUGNet Chat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 02:17:43 GMT

Perhaps a Princess.... <sarah@eskimo.com> wrote:
What about using a telnet socket-based talker? Telnetting to
lugnet.com:4000 or whatever is simpler for most people than finding and
setting up an irc cliet. I tend to find that telnet chat rooms are more
personal and friendly than irc - because you have more of a presence -
you can emote and wander about etc :)

This is what I meant about MUSHes. IF I go somewhere to talk, it's
going to be a MUSH 98 times out of a 100 (Maybe more)

Never heard of these.  What are they?  And what is the draw for them
over standard IRC?

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide