 Administrative / General / 187
Re: LUGNet Chat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 02:45:17 GMT

mmaje <mmaje@columbus.rr.com> wrote:
Mr. Lehman,
Would it be possible to start a chat system on LUGNet? I originally thought
mine would be successful (No idea why), but after 30 hours, it has 1 member
and only 17 hits. So, this led me to this post about a chat system on
LUGNet. I think that it would be far more successful than anything anybody
else has come up with.

Greg,

While I do think that a chat system on Lugnet would be much
more successful than the other random attempts at starting one
elsewhere, even the semi-regular one on AOL I have participated in, I
doubt it will ever be as popular as some people think or want it to
be.  The kinds of discussions we have on RTL and here usually tend to
go a little deeper than most chat discussions.

I know I've almost laughed a few times on the various Lego
chat things when all that was being discussed were things like "Hey,
anyone know if Target is having a sale?" or "I sure do like Blacktron
- anyone else?"

Don't get me wrong, I like IRC - use it every day and learn a
lot from the fellow computer geeks I chat with on our private network.
I just don't know how well Lego-related discussions would translate
into chatroom discussions.

That isn't to say that I wouldn't try it if Todd made
something like that a reality on Lugnet, though.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET