 Administrative / General / 243
Re: LUGNet Chat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 1998 22:51:47 GMT

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 22:31:30 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:

The telnet client that comes with Win95 is utter crap -- anyone wanting to
do anything serious really ought to get something better, like NetTerm.
(Or SecureCRT, which is great because it also does SSH, which is encrypted.)

In Your Opinion

IMO, WIn95's telnet does EVERYTHING I need it to.
It is better than most, in fact. It has copy+paste capability, and
logging. :)

I don't know what more is needed.
(I've never sent anything over telnet that needs encryption. If that
is important. Yeah. Telnet won't do that natively)

Sarah