 Administrative / General / 190
Re: LUGNet Chat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Oct 1998 12:32:28 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
doubt it will ever be as popular as some people think or want it to
be.  The kinds of discussions we have on RTL and here usually tend to
go a little deeper than most chat discussions.

On the other hand, the mere existence of a chat room may attract people who
aren't looking for newsgroup-style discussion. I've seen the request for a
chat room several times on the official Mindstorms site, for example.

I personally won't use it much if ever, but it might be worth setting up.

It'd be cool if it used IRC - not necessarily being part of any network, but
using the standard protocols so we can use our own clients. Although it'd
probably be good to have a simplified web interface.