 Administrative / General / 1897
Re: problem with dat groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 03:28:01 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tom McDonald writes:

Todd, I realize I'm jumping in on this kinda late.

It'll probably
never be any better than "just good enough."

Oh, I don't know about that. The traffic page is my lugnet home page, so I use
the web'face, especially if I'm following a conversation as closer to real
time without an actual chat. Reading messages from the web'face is a bit more
convenient than waiting for my newsreader to open up too. The graphic thread
representation, while not perfect, does make it easier to follow
conversations. And besides, there's no direct link to "Open in newsreader"
anymore that I've seen, so using my newsreader is now more of a hassle. If you
add it back in, I won't object.

Hey Todd, forget that. I just noticed the nested/linear thingy. Awesome! This
site just keeps getting better and better. :)

-Tom McD.
when replying, note that writing recursive spamcake code is a crime punishable
by elevator music.