 Administrative / General / 1941
Re: problem with dat groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 02:55:07 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote:
conversations. And besides, there's no direct link to "Open in
newsreader" anymore that I've seen, so using my newsreader is now more
of a hassle. If you add it back in, I won't object.

Hmm, I kept wondering what you mean, because it -is- there on the group
intro pages, but maybe you mean the direct NNTP link from the article
display page?  (Did anyone actually use those on a message by message
basis?)

Well, when my IE4 browser url field displays
http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=,-20&v=c
I don't get a "open in newsreader" link on the page. I did use it from time to
time, especially when threads went many directions, as people forget to alter
subject lines to more accurately reflect their tangents (I'm guilty of this
too). Also, if there were many posts to a group in one day, I can't tell who's
message is where. I have to admit while I read most people's postings, there
are a select few, more often than not, that I wish I hadn't read. And I'm sure
there are some folks that don't care what I say either. Yet overall, my
selective reading is *much* lower here than RTL.

There are a lot of things I don't like about the new interface, but this
one is about at the top of my list... Everyone else is doing fine in
categorising my dislikes so I won't bother repeating them...

I think you should say something so Todd gets a better consensus. Numbers
sometimes matter.

A lot of things have been identified and fixed...anything left that's still
annoying?

After I post, and click on the group I just posted to, I don't get the "?n=,-
20&v=c" view I had before. Admittedly, it's a nitpick, and it's probably been
brought up before when I wasn't paying attention. I should probably just click
my "Back" button (recommended).

Todd, I just bring up stuff now and then, and you just fix what you want/can
:)  That's what I tell the techs at work. Nothing here has made me lose
patience or frustrated me. To me, this site is a total convenience, so
anything that is actually annoying usually doesn't register as such. If I find
it annoying I'm sure you'll be happy to refund my admission price. ;)

-Tom McD.
when replying, please do not feed the spamcake.