 Administrative / General / 2021
Re: Local/native langauge forms of country names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 14:39:31 GMT

.7AJ@lugnet.com>

Todd Lehman:

[ /loc/ page in all languages. ]

I would *looove* to do that.  But where, oh, where will I find a n^2 list of
country names in multiple languages?  Maybe just starting with a few would
be OK, and default to natural forms if they're not defined?

Yes.

1) Danish (Faroese is only my second language).

Is Faroese spoken in Denmark or is it from another area?

Different country[1] (even though Danes do seem to think
they own it).

Jacob

1) <URL:http://hugin.ldraw.org/F%F8royar/>
   (and this one should work)