 Administrative / General / 1959
1958  |  1960
Subject:
"Open in NNTP newsreader"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 22:25:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Tom McDonald writes:
[...]
And besides, there's no direct link to "Open in newsreader"
anymore that I've seen, so using my newsreader is now more of a hassle.
If you add it back in, I won't object.

All right, let's try this then...  Hate to make it hard for people to get
into a real newsreader.

OK, so for better or for worse, (and let's hope we don't confuzz the heck
out of net-newbies), in addition to there being a link in the left column
of the intro/home pages for the newsgroups, there's now a little icon at
the top of most pages.  The icon is a little mini-screen newsreader picture
thingy, and beneath it reads "NNTP".  The ALT text for the image says "Open
lugnet.foo in your NNTP Newsreader".

A couple of concerns:

1)  I hope the display isn't becoming too cluttered at the top.

2)  This doesn't yet address alternative NNTP ports -- just the main default/
    standard port of 119.

--Todd

[followups set to lugnet.admin.general]