 Administrative / General / 1846
Re: problem with dat groups.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 00:53:13 GMT

Restored relevant text that should have been quoted for context:
The ldraw.cgi script sends the DAT content to your browser as a MIME
type of application/x-ldraw.  If your browser is configred to launch
LDLITE when it sees application/x-ldraw, then you want to use LDLITE's
file-saving facility.  If your browser doesn't have application/x-ldraw,
then it should give you a pop-up box asking you what to do with the file
(saving it from there should
be an option).

Are looking for something similar to the ldraw.cgi script, but which
sends the article's content as text/plain instead of application/x-ldraw?

In lugnet.admin.general, Jonathan Wilson writes:
no. the problem is that the ldraw.cgi script is not stripping the heml
and non dat text from the posts...

I don't understand.  There is no HTML to strip.  Do you mean that you've
encountered a case where, when you invoke the ldraw.cgi script, what's sent
back to you contains the entire raw ASCII article?

it nmeans that if i click on the link

What is the exact URL of the page that you are starting at?

in netscape instead of saying save this link as it just comes up with the
article again

What do you mean by "comes up"?  The article appears in the default browser
window?  Or it appears in a new window?  Does it appear as raw plain ASCII
text or as an HTML page?

and i have to do a save as and then delete the extra text in
my editor before i can use the file.

OK, I *think* I gather what you're getting at.  You're saying that you've
discovered a failure case for the ldraw.cgi script where it is returning
wrong data to you?  If so, I need you to tell me the URL, so that I can try
to replicate it.  Perhaps the .DAT content is special in some way -- like
it only contains comments or something...

--Todd

p.s.  I can't help you out very easily if you keep deleting all the text from
the message you're responding to.  In general, anywhere in news, please
delete only portions which aren't directly relevant to your reply, and leave
portions which are relevant.  Thanks.  :)