 Administrative / General / 12822
Re: Badgering emails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:57:06 GMT

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 01:54:03AM +0000, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
For the sake of accuracy, the server at Larry's end was working fine.
Due to address similarities to popular SPAMmer addresses, Yahoo
dropped the email.

Ok - but that doesn't change my point.  It's out of YOUR control if
Yahoo accepts messages from Larry's server.  You'd have no way of
knowing if it does or doesn't until you actually are sent one.

On the other hand, you KNOW that mail from LUGNET is getting to you,
since otherwise you wouldn't be able to do anything on the site.  (Well,
I guess it reminds me that the posting setup should send an email ping
to the address you provide - or does it do that already?)

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com