 Administrative / General / 12884
Re: Badgering emails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:33:06 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Anders Isaksson wrote:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I'm asking about what should be done NOW.

Honestly, Larry, are you really asking for advise?

Yes, honestly, I am. Not for me but for the other admins too. As I said, we had
some situations in the past where emails (from other admins, NOT from me) went
blocked or went lost and we, the admins, had no idea it happened.

I agree that short of testing that we can mail everyone,  every single day
(stuff changes all the time out there), there's no perfect solution to this but
what should be done about it?  Just hope for the best

Or are you just excercising your natural method for drawing out a thread ad
infintum, until the other part gives up?

No. I'm asking because I want to know the answer, or get the input. Haven't
gotten it yet.

Short term advice:

Get yourself a gmail account and post from there - gmail seems to be quite
respected for the while being.

I have one, actually, and like it a lot! It's how I get around blockages, once I
know they exist. In this case it wasn't known. In the other cases (where some
other admin sent mail that wasn't received) it wasn't known either.

I'm talkiing about the case where it's not clear that there is an issue (how to
you distinguish that from someone just ignoring you because they don't want to
hear that they're being warned about something) , do the admins need to keep
trying and trying and trying? When is enough tries?

Or post in the lugnet groups...

That works too. It has some privacy drawbacks, though, in some cases a private
warning is less "forceful" and more friendly than a public one. (but as you
allude to in the other thread about how to handle a particular situation,
(thanks for your input there by the way!!!... ) it can also give the appearance
that nothing was done)