 Administrative / General / 12821
Re: Badgering emails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 01:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:
On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 11:06:43PM +0000, Ross Crawford wrote:
Which brings up another point - do official mails come from the
@lugnet.com addresses, or from your private emails? I would suggest it
would be best if it could be arranged for them to come from a
@lugnet.com address - that would make it easier for members to make
sure they aren't SPAM (or otherwise) blocked. Don't know if it's
something that's easily set up though.

While using a "From: ...@lugnet.com" address can help with spam
filter issues, I don't think it would have helped in this case, since
the problem sounds like it was an actual inability of Larry's mail
server to deliver mail to Kevin's.  Setting up a way to have the mail
actually originate from LUGNET's server (or at least be routable through
it) would ensure than if you can get email at all from any of the
newsgroups, you will be able to get email from the admins.

For the sake of accuracy, the server at Larry's end was working fine.  Due to
address similarities to popular SPAMmer addresses, Yahoo dropped the email.

This is accruate, right Larry?

Kevin