 Administrative / General / 12868
Re: Badgering emails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:38:30 GMT

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 03:34:30PM +0000, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:
Why not? Why can't we switch to the new servers? AFAIK the domain
issue has been resolved?

There are more issues that just switching to a new server. For
example, Lugnet runs on perl, and many of these automatic-emails would
need to be produced by php coding or what have you. Code that needs to
be written. Server switch is step one. Code upgrade is step two.

Um, huh?  Why in the world would we NEED to do anything in PHP?  And
even if we did, what's the issue?

But aside from that, if the Server Switch is step one, let's take it!

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com