 Administrative / General / 12866
Re: Badgering emails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:34:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:
On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 03:14:11PM +0000, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
I think this is the biggest issue here. The Admins have been trying to
operate on a boat that is either malfunctioning or in the process of
being fixed. There is all sorts of "you should do this or that" -
they'd love to, but they can't RIGHT NOW.

Why not?  Why can't we switch to the new servers?  AFAIK the domain
issue has been resolved?

There are more issues that just switching to a new server.  For example, Lugnet
runs on perl, and many of these automatic-emails would need to be produced by
php coding or what have you.  Code that needs to be written.  Server switch is
step one.  Code upgrade is step two.

-Lenny