 Administrative / General / 12871
Re: Badgering emails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:48:09 GMT

[restoring some quoted material that is relevant]
In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:
Which brings up another point - do official mails come from the @lugnet.com
addresses, or from your private emails? I would suggest it would be best if it
could be arranged for them to come from a @lugnet.com address - that would make
it easier for members to make sure they aren't SPAM (or otherwise) blocked.
Don't know if it's something that's easily set up though.

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess wrote:

You know, I have to agree on this. This would be a great step forward in
understanding whether the communication taking place is with the admin Hat on or
the admin Hat off. It seems like such a small thing, but it would go a long way
in clarifying how much weight to apply to the message received.

I agree. I'd give it high priority once coding resumes in a major way, but it's
not there yet.

I don't understand -- how is requiring admins to use their @lugnet.com address
to send official email dependent on server changes?  We aren't talking about
switching addresses for posting to lugnet, but sending email offline.  This
should be a requirement now, today.

Steve