 Administrative / General / 12881
Re: Badgering emails
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2005 16:21:05 GMT

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 04:11:10PM +0000, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I'm talking about the general case. We've had several situations in
the recent past when mail from admins was not received (and no bounce
was returned) which led to difficulty, warnings not received, timeouts
not properly started because they weren't acknowledged, etc.

Wow, I didn't know.  In that case, a solution should certainly be found.
In the meantime, a workaround would be to send two copies of the email
from two admins, maybe?  The chance both will fail are much smaller...
And that doesn't require any new code either!

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com